Has your kitty "discovered" the Christmas tree yet???

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One of my sweet little furballs installed a "catwalk" around our tree. They did it last year too. My tree is near the fireplace mantle and one of my babies gets on to the mantle then steps onto the branches of the tree. She then proceeds to walk completely around the tree in a circle. So when you look at the tree there is the whole bottom half, then this big 1 foot open space, then the little top half of the tree.
I know that it's one of 2 cats - Pebbles or Peanut. I know this because my other two are heavy weights and the branches wouldn't hold them.

I've put up tin foil on the mantle, but if it happens again, I'll be sure and post pics.

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have them up yet, but I'm probably tempting fate by planning to put up two trees this year...our usual one in the living room, and a sports-themed one downstairs in the family room. My boys are usually pretty good about the tree, though. Harvey could care less about it and Tailer just likes to sleep on the skirt. Forest is pretty curious about it, and may sniff at it or bat at some low-hanging ornaments, but his CH makes him incapable of climbing in it or doing any real damage. The only thing I really have to worry about is him accidentally bumping into it and toppling it over...so I make sure we have really, really sturdy tree stands.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The tree is going up slowly, hoping the girls will get used to it before all the decorations go on; the boys are older and are acting very nonchalant about the whole thing. I put all the pieces (it's artificial) on the floor last night so they could check them out. Got it put in the stand & brought the lights into the room this morning; Bridget promptly grabbed a bulb & decided to chew on it. (silly kitten!) We have 3 kittens this year, so I'm a little concerned. The tree is tied to the furniture, so hopefully they won't knock it over. I'm anticipating a fight over who gets to lay on the tree skirt, tho.

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SalemWitchChild

Nope not yet. Because it hasn't been put up yet..lol. I was going to put it up today but hubby didn't get motivated enough.
Well I have it up w/ lights but nothing else. I'm leaving the hard work to grandma tomorrow. While she's home with my daughter they can decorate it.
Puff has already attacked the lights while we were untangling them, chewed on the bottom of the leaves, and he likes to sit under it. So we'll see what else he gets himself into tomorrow..lol. But if it's anything like today I'm expecting the worst.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Uhhh, my girls are being soo rotten this year! My mom just called and told me that Jasmine took down 3 ornaments. I guess those ornaments weren't to her liking...her and that torti-tude...

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK so I thought Whitey was doing really good with the tree. He has been using it to stalk from only.

Until last night...

Apparently he wasn't happy that I didn't play with him right away last night (homework), so by 11 o'clock or so all of a sudden I here the tree rattle and see a paw stick out and bat at an ornament.

Needless to say I gave up and he got his playing wish.