Has This Cat's Ear Been Snipped?

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

​I'm not disagreeing with you. Personal vigilantism isn't the answer though, especially because a lot of people like that aren't just suffering from bad pasts (many are) but are either neuroatypical (so they simply can't respond to simulation the way most people do) or have had the processes in their brain effectively rewired due to tragic events. That is the issue with using personal anecdotes as a standard from which to judge other people; physical and emotional trauma effects everyone differently, and recent scientific studies suggest that it can literally change the minds of some people. I really do hope you have successfully moved on and are at peace with what happened (lack of justice aside, which is something I don't know one should find peace with).
There are some things you can't move on with.  I don't want to share the entire story, but trust me - there are some things you can never get over.  Even if the people responsible were held accountable - and they haven't been, if the situation it has caused remains the same and I still don't have what I have lost, I will never come to terms with it.  That is impossible.  And I didn't say personal vigilantism was the answer.  I said there is nothing wrong with WANTING to hurt the people who have done those horrible things.  WANTING and DOING are two different things.  As I mentioned above, it would be illegal, therefore it is not something I can do.  But I can WANT to.  Just like I can WANT to win the lottery, though that isn't likely to happen either - mostly because they have this silly rule about having to play to win and blah blah blah and I don't waste my money on silly things like lottery tickets.

Last edited:

ivashanko

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

There are some things you can't move on with.  I don't want to share the entire story, but trust me - there are some things you can never get over.  Even if the people responsible were held accountable - and they haven't been, if the situation it has caused remains the same and I still don't have what I have lost, I will never come to terms with it.  That is impossible.  And I didn't say personal vigilantism was the answer.  I said there is nothing wrong with WANTING to hurt the people who have done those horrible things.  WANTING and DOING are two different things.  As I mentioned above, it would be illegal, therefore it is not something I can do.  But I can WANT to.  Just like I can WANT to win the lottery, though that isn't likely to happen either - mostly because they have this silly rule about having to play to win and blah blah blah and I don't waste my money on silly things like lottery tickets.
​I do a lot of work with orphans, and my grandmother was sent to Auschwitz as a child and my grandfather survived the siege of Leningrad; I've heard, seen, and lived through plenty of situations that people could never get over. I'm really sorry you went through those experiences, no one deserves something like that. I hope you someday find peace even if it seems impossible right now.

And yes, I agree, wanting to get revenge can be righteous. When you said earlier 'It might be illegal, but I won't tell if you don't.​' I guess I misinterpreted.