Has the price of Convenia shot up?

david68

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
A vet has been treating a cat of mine for an ongoing issue, and she recently moved to a different practice, so I went to the new practice because I think continuity of care is important for this case. They gave her a dose of Convenia today and charged $97 for it. I looked at some older invoices from the previous vet (six months ago), and Convenia doses were around $50 for the same cat.

That seems to me to be an awfully large price difference.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Probably because this new practice charges more. It's very common for different clinics to charge different prices.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

david68

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm aware of the risks of Convenia, but she's had it before and has done fine.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I do agree that it likely has to do with you going to a different practice. I am amazed at some of the price differences I have seen between vet practices in the past year when I took Feeby to at least 3 different ones!

However, I am impressed you were able to follow your vet to their new practice!! A lot of these vets move and leave their patients to deal with another vet in the practice they left. I do think some of this happens, because a vet is not allowed to advice their patients that they are essentially going to a competitor.