Has something ever happened...

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

The message I gathered from all of this was a lot like what catsallover said: None of us can really know what anyone is dealing with inside, and it's wrong of us to presume that we do. It was wrong for the newspaper to print an unfounded assumption;

So that's why I'm all about compassion, understanding, acceptance, assuming the best, and forgiveness. We have no way of knowing what pressure or pain another person is carrying around... so we owe each other the benefit of a doubt. .
I very much agree with this

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My grandfathers death..

the death of my childhood friend..while she was in the hospital for something that should not have killed her..

a scare when i myself almost went septic..

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My life changed totally when I got my diagnosis of being Bi-Polar. It was the biggest gift and the worst curse I could have ever imagined. The disease itself isn't very pleasant, but when I allowed myself to discover the coping methods to deal with it I realized I could live a great life with it.

The funny part about it is that I used to be a big push over. You could write "Door Mat" on my forehead. In the process of reinventing myself I discovered I could say no and mean it. That was the most power gift that I've given myself.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was in high school one of the kids from the crowd I hung out with was killed in a motorcycle accident. That accident not only had a profound affect on me but on several other of my friends at the time. It showed all of us that things can end very quickly and gave us a new prospective of what was actually important in life. It was a hard thing to have to go throw at that age, but I do think it made better people of us.