Has she started first stage of Labour?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

aaron ahana

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey sarthur2! nope noting yet. Im a bit baffled. this is the longest pregnancy iv encountered thus far. iv been watching her for any more signs of labor but nothing. today will be her 67 day and I’m hopping it won’t come down to a vet visit. shes doing fine though just sleeping a lot. the kittens are still active in her belly so all i can do is wait. ill let you know more as soon as something changes :wait:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

See if this makes you feel any better! My cat looked like she had swallowed a basketball, and went 68 days! :)

Again, not an exact science. I am sure it won't be too soon for your cat - she is probably very uncomfortable. No need for a vet yet. Give it some more time! :)

aaron ahana

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
wow she was huge! lol that actually does make me feel a lot better thank you for such great support. she’s does seem to be a bit uncomfortable but nothing that wouldn’t be expected of a pregnancy, though i wouldn’t hold it agains her if she abstained from breaking your cats record of 68 days lol. She is very beautiful by the way what is her name, and how many kittens did she have?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She appeared as a stray in December, and my next door neighbors were feeding her. She had obviously been someone's house cat at one time, however, as her disposition is incredibly sweet. My neighbors have dogs, cats, and birds of all sizes and ages, so I took her in myself. She answers to Kitty Kitty and is happy as a clam in my home.

She had four kittens - 3 males and a female. One jet black, an orange tabby, a grey and white one, and a tabby kitten whose markings favor hers. The kittens are now 13 weeks old. Mama and all four kittens have been spayed/neutered.

Here is a picture of her litter:

aaron ahana

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
thats great! they look like they are doing so good.:D

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Thanks! They are busy little kittens these days. I enjoy them. Hope yours come soon! :)

aaron ahana

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Guess what? Isis water broke this morning we are going to have kittens! :clap::D:clap::D

aaron ahana

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
update - so it actually took 7 hours after both water membranes broke before the first kitten was born and i have to say the first one was the hardest. He was stuck in the breached position and when she pushed the progressed had stopped dead just at the vulva, so i had to intervene and help pull him out. poor girl was in pain during that part. after that they all came relatively close in time to one another and pretty easy. i only helped with the cleaning and handing them off to her. 4 in all. there maybe another hiding in there though. during early palpation i thought i felt 5 but who knows. anyways I’m happy and she seems quit content with her new brewed :D

aaron ahana

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you! there were 2 white males with little black spots on there heads that will fade as they mature and there was one silver male and one silver female ill post more pictures soon :)

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Congratulations! :)

Poor mama with the breech baby! Good you helped her out or the ones behind may have become distressed.

It's a good looking litter of four!

Hoping mama kitty can rest up now after her ordeal.

aaron ahana

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Update- So all babies are getting along quite well. gaining weight and looking quite healthy. Mama cat is doing very well. she is a great mother which i expected her to be due to her attentiveness of her first litter. heres a couple photos of the little guys.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Just precious! It will be interesting to see how their colors develop, especially on the two white kittens. Do you know with which male your cat mated?

aaron ahana

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Last edited:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The photos are just lovely, and the white coat is absolutely stunning!

aaron ahana

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Some interesting development today. as i was changing the kittens bedding I discovered that one of the kittens has already opened one of his eyes. At 4 days old this is somewhat unusual. usually they don’t open there eyes until about 2 weeks. he seems perfectly healthy no discharge or anything. i have already observed the eye will be blue so he definitely will at least have bi color eyes. won’t know till the other one opens. so exciting watching them grow :)

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It is exciting, isn't it? The kitten you see in my profile picture opened his eyes at 5 days old. I was surprised as well. On the other hand, one of my others took almost the full two weeks! It's fascinating to watch them develop! :)

aaron ahana

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
lol i guess it shows how well there mamas are caring for them. good mothers raise healthy kittens. :clap: