Has anyone tried using this as a litter?

nekomania

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I was looking up ideas for homemade litterboxes because all of the store bought ones are now too small for Bean Bean and I was starting to feel bad watching him cram himself in the biggest one I could find.

Anyways...

I came across a site talking about this

http://www.catsadored.com/NEAR%20PER...ECT_LITTER.htm

It's like...chicken food. Or something.

The person writing says it's awesome but I'm just wondering if anyone else has tried this and if it's worth it?

bastetservant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, chick crumble is just like WBCL. I learned about this here. My cats have been using it for about 6 months. It costs about 1/5 of WBCL and neither I nor my cats can tell the difference. I buy Dumor brand chick crumble at Tractor Supply Co. Be sure whatever you get isn't medicated.

For litter pans we use big Sterilite storage bins (without the lids). I buy these at The Home Depot for about $4.00.

Robin

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Lotsa of typical sales text. Bad sales text. But what is it made from?

Maize? called also sometimes for corn in american english?

In that case, I have heard about this. Yes, it should work.

An extra advantage is, it is much easier to dispose off it. You can use if for compost if you wish. Or you can let burn it without any problems.

Another tip of this sort is common pellets used for burning and heating villas. I dont know how common they are abroads, in Sweden they are very common. These are made of wood, or saw dust.

Both are also good for allergic person, as they dont have much dust.

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
thanks for reminding me, I still need to find a bigger litter box too that would fit in my closet. should do that today