Has anyone seen the Catsifier? I thought it was a joke!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cats4life77

i was scared of that before I ordered one ...so i called PetAg the people they have on site that makes the nipples and they told me there is no danger.
Kolar completly ripped off the nipple on one of the tiny pet ag nursing bottles not even two weeks ago. It is definitely dangerous because those nipples are a choking hazard if ingested. I'm not sure who you spoke with- but it sounds to me like they're just trying to sell you a product without being honest with you....those are definitely a choking hazard when a kitten is able to rip the nipple off
. I have been fostering for years now- I use Pet AG bottles, because they are some of the only ones tiny enough for infant kittens- I have replaced hundreds of nipples because they have been eithor chewed completly off or damaged so bad they were a choking hazard. I'm not sure who you spoke with at the Pet Ag company, but they are definitely not being straight foward with you- those nipples can easily become a choking hazard. If swallowed, if can cause GI obstructions and even result in death. (Yet another reason one must be exceptionally careful when nursing a small kitten.)

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SarahBeez

My vet just keeps recommending stuffed animals- but he has absolutely no interest in them at all
Beans will suck on a fleecy blanket- not very often or as obsessively as Skunk- but Skunk won't touch the blanket... he literally ONLY goes for Maui or Beans!

I think I am going to try one of those pillows- I will check them out first before I let him near it... and I won't leave him alone with it
He may not even like it at all if the stuffed animals are any indication!

Cats4life77- thanks for the promotional code! Every bit helps!!!!!!!
If you do get the pillow- i would only give it to him under supervision- and at the fist signs of wear/tear on the nipples- toss it out to prevent a choking hazard
. / One thing that's neat about the Snuggle Kitty that is different from plain stuffed animals is the heater and the heartbeat sensations from it- many cats and kittens alike LOVE it because it reminds them of a real animal.

sarahbeez

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well I ordered it! I had to call because there was confusion with my zip code apparently- and the guy I talked to was very nice.

I asked about them biting off the nipples & he told me that it can & does happen on occasion but it shouldn't cause any problems, as in it should pass right through. Now- personally I can see both sides of the argument- his and Nikki's... his because it is very tiny & it is the same material they use for nipples on bottles for kittens, I've seen Skunk inhale bigger chunks of food than what I assume is the size of this nipple (hard to get a close pic on the site but he said it only sticks out maybe 2/3'rds of the way I think). I can see your point Nikki in that plastic anything is not good for cats to be chewing on and while there is potential to choke, Skunk is going to be 16 weeks old tomorrow, so he's not as tiny as most nursing kittens- I would think.

Anyway- the moral of the story is that I am going to give this a shot. And until I fully inspect it, he's not getting a teet until I'm sure it's safe! I'm also only going to let him use it when we're around- he can have Maui & Beans during 8-5 and when we're sleeping, they can handle him!

Edit- I forgot to say if this doesn't work then I am finally breaking down and buying the Snuggle Kitty!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just happened to see the ad for this when I was checking my cats Catster page!!!! Thought it would interest some people and their kitties!!!