Has anyone here ever charted their Basal Body Temp??

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by maddensmom

Problem with those is that my cycle for the past six months or so has not been the least bit regular, so I probably waste a lot of money before I figured out when I was actually ovulating. I'll probably move on to those once I get my wacky cycle figured out though.

You can keep your angels.
oh welcome to the world of "trying" to get pregnant....
When sex is no longer any fun cause you have a thermometer hanging out of your mouth...
Lots of things can affect your basal body temp, but it wouldn't be the fan or the waterbed if this is what you are used to sleeping in... Things like alcohol will change your basal temp, also if you have a cold or anything like that.... They do say do not sleep with an electric blanket...
if that helps you....

On a side note, if you can afford it, the clear blue easy fertility monitor ($250) finds your ovulation for you. There is NO guess work. On the day of your period you hit the M button, that's it, each day you hit the button... then it will show a bar getting closer to when you have to pee on a stick. A stick pops up and you pee on it & put it in the machine... it checks for your hormones each day. And a little egg pops up the day you are ovulating. That's it. The sticks are $50 a box though, you get 30 sticks, so that's about 2-3 months worth.... I can feel your pain, I have been trying for 3 years now.... if you need to talk pm me, I'm here everyday....

whosamyhercules

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

it's not nuts if it's going to help you understand your body better! tell him when he grows a vagina, then he can have an opinion
OMG Im sooo using that the next time Dave gripes about my mood swings..Im moody enough as it is but when its that time of the mth (like now) Im 100 times worse..I went in the span of 10 minutes to being super nice to him, rotten witch, crying and then just being all happy and chipper again. He just looked at me and was like are you "raggin it" cuz you sure as heck are acting like it. I just looked at him and was like how can you say that like it makes a differance...I hope he wakes me up when he gets home cuz if he is in a bad mood and makes me grumpy Im def using that comeback...

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did the BBT prior to starting fertility treatments( don't need to do it during fertility treatment). As long as your variables remain the same then the water bed and fan shouldn't affect it too much. The 96.7 temp you mentioned is fairly normal - it can even dip much lower (95.5) in the morning. I don't reccommend the the ovulation kits - they really don't work that well. All I can suggest to make sure you are getting an accurate reading is to make sure that your thermometer is an actual basal body temp thermometer.

Good luck.

alice_curiouser

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I charted when we were TTC Sarah. If you sleep that way EVERY night, it shouldn't be a problem - just don't move around and don't eat anything before you do it.

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by alice_curiouser

I charted when we were TTC Sarah. If you sleep that way EVERY night, it shouldn't be a problem - just don't move around and don't eat anything before you do it.
actually you should take it before your feet hit the ground... keep the thermometer on your bedside table... take it as soon as you wake up, before moving.... once you get moving your body temp will change, so you want to get it before your actually get out of bed, per my doctor.

sneakymom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
If you haven't gotten this book yet- I highly reccomend it. It's called Taking Charge of Your Fertility, and I can't remember who wrote it (Tori something).

It helped me understand my cycles. It helped me understand that no, it's not normal to be trying for 2+ years and not get pregnant. My problem was that I don't ovulate much at all, and I think I would have found that out quicker if I had charted BBT.