Has anyone experienced this??

ccdogmuffin

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My friend and her boyfriend have gone out of town for the weekend and they asked me to look after their fur-kids. They just got a new kitten so they haven't really bonded with her yet. My problem is the kitten (Jynx) has REALLY bonded to me, so much that when I try to leave she clings onto my pants and won't let go, and this evening she ran out into the hall after me. I guess I'm just worried that this cat is getting too attached or something. What does everyone think?

spotz

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think the kitty really likes you

They're pretty good judges of character, I personally would feel a bit special.

Spotz

hfrodoc

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
maybe when the owners get back, you should sit down with the kitty and the owners and help them to show affection to it. Maybe they just don't know how....

cilla

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aaww that's lovely. When they see how well you have bonded they will want to know how to do it.

felicia's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is doing that because you bring her food! I'm sure after your friend returns and starts feeding her, the bonding will change to your friend.

lorie temps

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Your pictures had me cracking up! LOL!!! I especially loved the one called "Kanga sour cream! I guess we tried some sour cream....? Thanks for the laugh. I could really use it (see my posting under behavior re: cat amnesia).