Has Anyone Ever Heard Of the Winchester Mansion?

goonie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mews2much

I have been to Hearst Castle and I liked it alot.
i've been to Hearst Castle twice. loved the gardens & the pool. the inside was okay but some of the rooms with that heavy dark furniture made me feel a little claustrophobic. the tourguide told us that the pool is kept at 75 degr but nobody gets to swim in it anymore. the employees used to once a year but somebody tried to sue claiming they got hurt so nobody goes in now. i was standing right next to the edge and was thinking of 'accidentially' falling in (not to sue) but chickenend out.
i would love to see the Winchester House some day.

cdubbie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I did the tour there. The house now plopped in the midst of strip malls and megaplexes ruined it for me a bit

I would have enjoyed it more it we could have run wild in the place. They didnt let us do that unfortunately
It was restrained a bit so we did get the real effect IMO.

And yes, first time I heard the story I was fascinated by it and wanted to do a tour immediately. This was when they still the Halloween at midnight tours by candlelight - fun!

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would have liked to have seen rose red i watched that movie and it was based on the actual house and I always thought it would be cool to see it but then again not sure if it would be a wise idea.