Has Anyone Ever Heard of Meox Mix Wet Food Pouches?

commonoddity042

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It has no byproducts, and you can easily identify the chunks of fish, whole shrimp, chopped up chicken, etc. Do you think it is ok to feed once a day in tandem with dry food? Iams dry and meow mix wet pouches are the best foods available here, as there is no pet shop, and we only have a walmart.

nebula11

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CommonOddity042

It has no byproducts, and you can easily identify the chunks of fish, whole shrimp, chopped up chicken, etc. Do you think it is ok to feed once a day in tandem with dry food? Iams dry and meow mix wet pouches are the best foods available here, as there is no pet shop, and we only have a walmart.
Once in a while I get them for my kits......cause they just go freekin crazy over them......

I have to say when i first bought them i wasnt expecting much, by the ingredients, plus the look of it looks pretty good quality.......
and they have corney and cute names.........

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I doubt it would kill anyone if you fed it to them infrequently. I personally would be worried about the actual quality of the ingredients, but that's me. I look at brands like Meow Mix as being McDonald's for cats..incredibly tasty, but equally junky
It won't hurt them every once in a while but I personally wouldn't put Meow Mix out daily

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by lionessrampant

I doubt it would kill anyone if you fed it to them infrequently. I personally would be worried about the actual quality of the ingredients, but that's me. I look at brands like Meow Mix as being McDonald's for cats..incredibly tasty, but equally junky
It won't hurt them every once in a while but I personally wouldn't put Meow Mix out daily
Truefully they are very decent ... simliar to many of the high end brands only trouble is sodium nitrie is the last ingrediant and animal liver didnt make me happy... I use them to strch the budget cause they are less expensive than much of what I give..

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Yes, it was a huge surprise to me when these came out, far better to be honest, then I expected. My cats love these, but I do have one who projectile vomits any time he has one of these
why.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Abby gets one of these a day (which she never finishes), and a mix of different high quality dry foods. Her favorite is Cluck a doodle doo!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by bengalbabe

Sharky,curious why don't you like that they put animal liver in?
I like to know whose liver it is... like when I give my girls liver I know what animal it came from.. for all i know I am serving them cat or platapus liver when it is put on label as animal I have the same trouble with authorities canned thou they love it..

moggiegirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I think it should only be fed as an occasional treat because it's a fish based wet food and fish is not the best source of protein for cats. They should get chicken, turkey or lamb most of the time. Are you sure you can't access any other store but Walmart? How about your local grocery store? If I had absolutely no choice but to shop for cat food in a grocery store or Target I would feed Iams original dry and Iams canned. It's better than Friskies, 9-lives, Fancy Feast etc.

charcoal

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I give them to mine on occassion. They love them. Although one always gets sick afterwards so I make sure he has another food to eat instead.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

commonoddity042

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by moggiegirl

Are you sure you can't access any other store but Walmart? How about your local grocery store?
i am very sure. the grocery store carries very low-nutrition, unheard-of food. walmart carries the best cat food in this area.

nebula11

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

i am very sure. the grocery store carries very low-nutrition, unheard-of food. walmart carries the best cat food in this area.
Just an idea...but have you ever thought of ordering food online???...a lot of times you can get cat food deals when you order directly from the site....

fatkitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
If I were in the position of having to shop at Wal Mart, I'd probably look into the Maxximum Nutriton food. I used both the dog and cat food of that brand for a while. I can't remember the price on the cat food, but a 40-lb bag of dog food was around $20. If memory serves, it had corn, but not as the first or second ingredient. I don't know if they make canned food or not. Next time you go to Wal Mart, grab a bag of Iams and a bag of the Maxximum Nutrition, and compare them. Maxximum Nutrition is a Wal Mart brand, but much higher quality than Ol' Roy, LOL!

Amber

mrod1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pat & Alix

Yes, it was a huge surprise to me when these came out, far better to be honest, then I expected. My cats love these, but I do have one who projectile vomits any time he has one of these
why.
I gave it to my cat once and he puked everywhere within 5min of eating it.