Has Anyone Ever Adopted An Entire Litter Of Kittens And Mom?

I_Wuv_Kitties

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've always wanted to adopt an entire litter of kittens and mom, get them all neutered & spayed when they can, and keep them all. Might not be practical but one day I want to. Has anyone done this? How did it turn out? I'm curious if they're all really bonded and tight or if they grew apart with time.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Adopting a full family isnt common no. Rescuing a family (or a high preg), but with time coming to love them dearly and become attached, and keep them all for own adoption, instead of trying to find them adoption homes, is fairly common.
They call it popularly fostering failures. :)

Observe, sometimes there is a dad too, you can trow into the vage. :)

Of course, a rescuer can do it just once. Otherwise she will soon become a hoarder.

And also, such a deed is usually the end of rescuing work: the places are already taken and occupied. This is the main reason why rescuers and fosterers avoid to adopt their own fosterlings. Not because lack of love, but because they want proceed to to help out cats in need.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I took in a pregnant stray about 2 and a half years ago. She had 4 kittens. I kept mom and all 4 babies!

They are all good friends and still sleep together and play together. All are spayed and neutered.

Yoy should be aware that cats can live 20 years. It's a commitment, and the food and litter and vet bills are not cheap.

Mine are strictly indoor cats, so vacuuming is also a priority.

Do you own a cat?