Has Anyone Else Noticed....

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Winchester

I knew a man who ate a pound of bacon, a dozen eggs, a loaf of white bread (toast), and a 1/2-gallon of OJ every single morning for his breakfast. He was a very big man. He said he did physical labor for his job and he needed the energy.
OMG, how was he even able to move after eating all that?!!

The thing that's been bugging me since about last year is that the supermarkets have all stopped stocking certain brands (more upscale) and their own brands just can't compare. I do buy a lot of my local supermarket's brand, which I consider a good brand in itself, but sometimes they just can't compete.
And milk products! It would have to be a special occasion now for me to buy whipping cream as it's now nearly $6 for a little container. I've stopped buying my lactose free milk too.
It's annoying not to have choice.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Winchester

I knew a man who ate a pound of bacon, a dozen eggs, a loaf of white bread (toast), and a 1/2-gallon of OJ every single morning for his breakfast. He was a very big man. He said he did physical labor for his job and he needed the energy.
I'm sure that he was a very big man, eating all that!
I wonder what he ate for lunch & dinner!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chips! I love my chips, but I want to cry almost every time I open a new bag to discover it only half way filled with chips and the other half filled with air!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Chips! I love my chips, but I want to cry almost every time I open a new bag to discover it only half way filled with chips and the other half filled with air!

Bags & boxes of cereal are like that, too.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Well, at least a half gallon of milk is still a half gallon (or CAN be, depending on who the dairy is), But the price of milk these days! What happened? I didn't know there was a shortage of cows! Suddenly milk zoomed up in price - like doubled in the last couple of months! Now I'm buying Silk because I can usually find coupons for it, then wait until someone is having a good sale on cow's milk

And I have definitely noticed the size of ice cream containers has shrunk. Now they fit in my side by side fridge, whereas before, it was a tight fit (with the other stuff in there). Sadly, the price didn't shrink with the container.