Has Anyone Else Had Trouble Reaching The Aspca's Grief Hotline?

reginaq

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
A few people on this site have mentioned ASPCA's free grief counseling, which I wanted to try, it sounds amazing and a generous thing for them to offer. The number is "Pet Loss Support: (877) 474-3310 (Counseling for bereaved pet parents only, not a resource for cremation/burial information)"

I have called several times over the past few days and always get an automated voice prompt that says Stephanie Lafarge works at a remote location and to please hold, then I hold...and hold...and hold....there is no prompt for me to leave a VM and after several minutes of radio silence on hold, I hang up because I have no idea what's going on. I have already sent them an email about this. Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this issue...

And my heart is with all of you, my baby girl crossed on Oct. 26. <3 <3

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm so sorry to hear about your baby - my condolences and compassion to you!

RIP sweetheart, you were so very loved :vibes::rbheart:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, also look for pet chaplains too. I drew great comfort from a 'Last Blessing' I received from one that she composed about my Chrissy. She wrote about the 'essence' of my little girl, and what she wrote fit her exactly. I still read it from time to time and also the letter my husband sent me written from my precious girl. They bring tears but also comfort to a broken heart. Don't give up.
When you feel the time is right, please post on this site about the life of your precious little girl. It really helps to know there are others who share your grief, and will help you work through this horrible time. I read your previous posts on what you have been through, you are definitely not alone in your fear and grief. We are here for you.....sometimes you can draw comfort from knowing there are others out there who share your grief.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

reginaq

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry to hear about your baby - my condolences and compassion to you!

RIP sweetheart, you were so very loved :vibes::rbheart:
thank you so much, you've been so sweet during this whole process

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

reginaq

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes, also look for pet chaplains too. I drew great comfort from a 'Last Blessing' I received from one that she composed about my Chrissy. She wrote about the 'essence' of my little girl, and what she wrote fit her exactly. I still read it from time to time and also the letter my husband sent me written from my precious girl. They bring tears but also comfort to a broken heart. Don't give up.
When you feel the time is right, please post on this site about the life of your precious little girl. It really helps to know there are others who share your grief, and will help you work through this horrible time. I read your previous posts on what you have been through, you are definitely not alone in your fear and grief. We are here for you.....sometimes you can draw comfort from knowing there are others out there who share your grief.
i've never heard of pet chaplains, wow you guys know so much. awww chrissy. i can imagine being chrissy in the afterlife, looking at you and thnking "she found a chaplain for me? she must have loved me sooooo much." :-)

ok i will post if i get ready, right now it's a bit too raw but it's a great idea to try. even a grief counselor formerly wouldn't have been "my type of thing" but now i'm like - why not try everything that could help? thanks for your ideas and wisdom and compassion xxx