Has Anyone Else been having Multiple PM's posting, or the Site saying: you already submitted the for

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise

So very true.

(It would be nice to blame a machine, IRL (in real life) when misplacing car keys, important paperwork, and gloves, too.
)
I blame that on the fairies.

Aren't those 'little creatures that hang around in trees, and forests'?? 

I don't think I have those here.

Must go and check, now.  

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
:spit: :lol3:  :crackup: Aren't those 'little creatures that hang around in trees, and forests'?? 

Must go and check, now.   :Evergreen:   :lol2:  
Those are fireflies. It's not Christmas yet and you've already been :drink: :drink: :drink: :smshfrk: :beerpals: :flail:

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise

Aren't those 'little creatures that hang around in trees, and forests'?? 

Must go and check, now.  

Those are fireflies. It's not Christmas yet and you've already been

"fireflies".....

I swear I've only been drinking Roibois Tea.

I don't drink alcohol, unless it's Christmas day, or New Year's Eve, sometimes, a small amount on a summer's night.

But it sure would explain, the seeing 'double post' dilemma.

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise

I blame that on the fairies.

There are wee people who I see around my house.  And I know they hide things from me sometimes.  They disguise themselves as kitties, but I'm not fooled.  
Ahh, yes, the kitties stealing or borrowing things, ....now that I can believe.

"Wee people" in disguise....indeed. 

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
:clap:   :lol2:    "fireflies".....

:stars:
I swear I've only been drinking Roibois Tea.
I don't drink alcohol, unless it's Christmas day, or New Year's Eve, sometimes, a small amount on a summer's night.
But it sure would explain, the seeing 'double post' dilemma. :idea:     :lol3:  
You sure it's Roibois Tea and not catnip tea? The leaves look similar :think:

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
You sure it's Roibois Tea and not catnip tea? The leaves look similar
  I'm pretty sure, because that's what the box says....I mean written on the box. 
  The box does not talk to me. 

Although, since Boris Diamond did mention wee people in disguise as cats, then it may be possible that my cats switched leaves on me.

Nah, I don't think my cats would do that to me.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Quite randomly I get that you have already submitted this form, once it happened when editing the post and edit did not get saved, I tried again and no issues, if I find post that I did edit, I try to flag it and describe that it was few seconds before the edit time that problem did occur.

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
Quite randomly I get that you have already submitted this form, once it happened when editing the post and edit did not get saved, I tried again and no issues, if I find post that I did edit, I try to flag it and describe that it was few seconds before the edit time that problem did occur.
@JTbo...I think I had that pop-up occur, too, while re-editing a post, but it was so random like you mentioned, and the post did not get 'double posted'.

I figure the system was just telling me the 'post was already there', and hitting the 'preview' or 'submit' caused the pop-up.

I never 'red flagged' those posts, though, since it did not happen a lot.

(I've also had it happen, while re-editing a post, that I ran out of the allotted time allowed for re-edits, and the system told me I had 'no permission'...or some such pop-up, but then I realized it was automatic, since I was the one, who ran out of time. That was my timing, not the system's fault.)

(Or the other dumb thing I would often do before, ...not so much now,...is 'change pages' while replying to a thread, and lose all my written words...when I came back to the reply. 

But then I noticed that it saved the 'reply' under the ' your draft' section of my profile page...so I was so relieved.  I love the system for doing that for me. 
)

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When "you have already submitted this form" does _not_ appear, this reply text box clears after pressing submit and there is text "false" in text box, then page reloads and post shows normally in thread. However I'm not sure that happens when "you have already submitted this form" occurs.

Not sure if that has any meaning, but thought I mention.

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
When "you have already submitted this form" does _not_ appear, this reply text box clears after pressing submit and there is text "false" in text box, then page reloads and post shows normally in thread. However I'm not sure that happens when "you have already submitted this form" occurs.

Not sure if that has any meaning, but thought I mention.
@JTbo   ...in your "Preferences" settings... Do you have the "Show Alert Bar" set to:

1. Only for new posts; 2. Always; or 3. Never?
Show Alert Bar

Only for new posts will show an alert bar when new posts are added to the thread you're currently viewing.

Always will keep this alert bar visible all the time.

Never will suppress the alert bar entirely and prevent the thread page from updating read/unread post counts in real time.
I find there is a slight delay, when I hit 'Submit', but the 'Alert Bar rectangle pop-up box',in the bottom right of the page, will tell me that 'new post' has been accepted.

(I'm not sure about the... "When you have already submitted this form" does _not_ appear, this reply text box clears after pressing submit and there is text "false" in text box, then page reloads and post shows normally in thread.")

I don't think I get that "text 'false'' message.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@JTbo
  ...in your "Preferences" settings... Do you have the "Show Alert Bar" set to:
I find there is a slight delay, when I hit 'Submit', but the 'Alert Bar rectangle pop-up box',in the bottom right of the page, will tell me that 'new post' has been accepted.

(I'm not sure about the... "When you have already submitted this form" does _not_ appear, this reply text box clears after pressing submit and there is text "false" in text box, then page reloads and post shows normally in thread.")
I made a mock up photo, when I click post it clears text and replaces with false, but only if I have Javascript enabled, which usually is disabled to avoid infections.

Show alert bar seems to be "new posts only", but then again as I have Javascript mostly off it usually does not come up.

Also as I don't most of the time have Javascript enabled, I have been able to verify that this "you have already submitted this form" text appearing does happen without scripts too, quite often when editing post it seems or then it has just coincided with editing the post.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@JTbo
  ...in your "Preferences" settings... Do you have the "Show Alert Bar" set to:

I made a mock up photo, when I click post it clears text and replaces with false, but only if I have Javascript enabled, which usually is disabled to avoid infections.

Show alert bar seems to be "new posts only", but then again as I have Javascript mostly off it usually does not come up.

Also as I don't most of the time have Javascript enabled, I have been able to verify that this "you have already submitted this form" text appearing does happen without scripts too, quite often when editing post it seems or then it has just coincided with editing the post.

Ok, I think that now was first time I got error when posting while Javascript was enabled, got you have already submitted this form as a popup and then 1 new post at lower right corner indicating my post did go trough regardless the message. With Javascript off there is no popup, just text above this textbox reply is written.

e: Meh, now there is a double as I hit wrong button, oh well, I attach image here which I intended to attach with edit to above message, you get times from logs for this error again I believe:

Last edited:

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
That is so interesting with the "false" being posted. 

I saw a post a few weeks ago,... with only the word "false" in it...and I thought that was the strangest reply ever.

(I guessed that the member was posting to a different thread, or game thread, but just accidentally put it in 'health thread'.)

Now I know why the post said "false". Thanks for that.

I don't really know anything about Javascript, so I guess mine is enabled.

I do use the 'Rich Text Editor', instead of the 'Basic Text Editor' that you are using,...not sure if that makes a difference, though.

I have to read more about that 'javascript' that you mentioned. That sounds interesting.

Thanks for the photos. That helps, a lot.

Last edited:

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is so interesting with the "false" being posted.  :think:
I saw a post a few weeks ago,... with only the word "false" in it...and I thought that was the strangest reply ever. :scratch:
(I guessed that the member was posting to a different thread, or game thread, but just accidentally put it in 'health thread'.)

Now I know why the post said "false". Thanks for that. :)

I don't really know anything about Javascript, so I guess mine is enabled.
I do use the 'Rich Text Editor', instead of the 'Basic Text Editor' that you are using,...not sure if that makes a difference, though.

I have to read more about that 'javascript' that you mentioned. That sounds interesting. :shysmile2
Thanks for the photos. That helps, a lot.
I'm thinking that for some reason forum software writes false to that textbox / editfield / whatever it is called in web programming, maybe it is for workaround for some bug or maybe it is a bug itself, but it has not affected to my posts, certainly does not post false as a reply, however as this error "you have already submitted this form" occurs sometimes, is it so that textbox is not getting false into it, is that false related to some variable "hasUserSubmittedForm=false" manner, I don't know of as I know mostly C# programming these days.

In C# it would be textBox.Text = "false"; to be called to have textbox false, but in web programming things are different.

Anyway it might be indication of some JS variable having typo or mistakenly target as textbox instead of variable name, or it can be nothing, but worth to check I guess.

However as error of "you have already submitted the form" occurs even without Javascript enabled, it might be related to yahoo's side of code as what I understand board software uses Yahoo's API's to make things happen, but I have really looked into that.

I try to report or post about when that error occurs so that admins and those working on issue can get times it had occurred up and can try to pinpoint cause from logs. Who knows it can even be some connection to DB randomly being called twice.

Javascript itself is nice thing and bad thing, problem is that it offers ways to get computer infected by 3rd party or some hacker hacking 3rd party server/service, there has been cases at news just last week about someone's computer being taken over and blackmailers trying to squeeze money from the victim for not to delete all the files or to restore files. One case was with Apple's Mac computer, so even those are no longer safe. Day after day more and more sites rely heavily on scripts and not all sites even work anymore without Javascript, but only way to really stay safe is to keep scripts off, security software and updating is always lagging bit behind and who knows how good hacker is, maybe he can disable that security software. So I use QuickJava addon for firefox to easily toggle Javascript on and off, so I can enable it only when needed.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I get that "you have already submitted this form" pop-up frequently, and when I look, the post has not been posted. Then I go to another thread, then back again, and my post appears. However, the Reply box still has my post in it. I have to "Discard Draft" to clear the Reply box.