Has A Human Clone Been Created??????????

bundylee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey BuNN if they cloned people like Charles Darwin, Charles M. Schulz, Beethoven, Mozart and Leonardo Da Vinci then I could possibly start to wonder if this may not be a good thing hehehe!!!! :tounge2:

-bunn-

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Aye it would be nice to a degree. I wonder though if those clones would be the same mentally? As in would they want to invent/paint stuff? They said that a cloned cat would not be the same personality wise as the original one :eek:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bundylee and Yola, I read your PM's...no problem!!!

BuNN, I'm ROTFL!!! :LOL: Just one more George W. Bush would be really scary!!!!

Cindy, I have never heard that someone may want to clone themself for the reason you're talking about. I have heard that if human cloning does become successful, seriously ill people may start cloning themselves just so body organs will be easily available in case they need a transplant. If it became necessary, the clone would be killed so the transplant could be performed. I have also heard that clones will not be exactly like the original people. The differences will be determined by the type of environment the clone is brought up in.

I am interested in what they will have to say about this baby after he is born in January.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Bundy and Yola,

I understand all to well the pain you talk about. It is a personal relationship that found its way into my life and to this day I still feel a twinge of remorse when I see a new baby in a lucky lady's arms. I can't attend baby showers, get all excited about friends who become pregnant. I have tried, but it is hard.

After Jeremy was born, I woke up in a private hospital room. I worked at the hospital, so I knew something was not right. I should have been on the Maternity Ward. There was a card near the phone by my bed that said "To inquire about your baby call"........and then there was a number. I picked up the phone and dialed, it was busy. Put it down, dialed again......busy...again....busy.......To say I was more than a little suspicious is an understatement. I kept trying with no results.

Finally in desperation, I called the switchboard downstairs and asked one of my co-workers why I couldn't get through to the nursery? She informed me that they had experienced a heavy flow of babies the night before, and I should just keep trying. Other mothers, she explained were calling in.

When I hung up the phone, the door to my room opened and my husband, my father and my doctor all walked in at the same time. The look on their faces said it all. I didn't even have to ask what happened to my son, but I did anyway. The confirmation of what I already knew at that moment deadened my heart and shattered my life.

After a c-section, you normally stay in the hospital for just a few days. I was in a month! Now, that I look back at it, most of it was sickness caused by a hole in my soul and a deep depression. Back then, though not much was known about depression and instead it was manifested by infections and fevers and a myriad of tests by doctors trying to figure out what was wrong with me.

When I was finally released to go home, I walked into the house and went straight to the nursery. I had prior to Jeremy's birth gone out and gotten everything I needed for a baby. I was set for the birth of my first-born. I walked in to the room and saw that it had been stripped bare, re-painted and turned into a spare bedroom. My mother-in-law and husband had done it while I was in the hospital thinking it would be "the best thing" for me. I simply came apart, came unglued and I have never in my life ever cried so hard, and hope I never do again.

My son was born with a premature vein to his heart and a raging case of strep throat. He lived 18 hours in one of the best Children's Hospital in the country. He had been life-flighted there after he came into the world. He died of a heart attack, and had been so ill no one had even taken on photograph of him. I never even got to see him.

I won't go into anymore dismal details- but later at the age of 21 I would have to undergo a total hysterectomy and then find myself having to deal with menopause and all the wonderful hot flashes, mood swings while they regulated my hormones.

It seemed to me that women I met after that, they always had two questions when they found out I was married. One was, "how long have you been married," and the other was "how many children do you have?"

I too missed out on the Mommy Club. I lost friends because I couldn't get into their world that centered around kids. It was not their fault, nor mine, it was just the way of it. I felt left-out and I am sure they picked up on it and didn't want to deal with it.

Today I am remarried with 5 step-kids and 14 step-grandchildren. I have enough love to go around to all of them. I do know that my steps have been directed towards rescuing cats for a reason. They fill the empty void in my heart and give me such delight. I don't have to dress them up in baby clothes and push them around in a pram to know they are my kids!

My heart reaches out to both of you. Pursue adoption, there are so many needy kids in the world. Become a mentor to young children- I have done that for years. Eventually your heart will heal and your smile will return. In the meantime, you have my hugs and respect.

-bunn-

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
You'll need either Real Player or Windohs Media Player. Both be free, but WMP is a pain in the butt to remove if you dislike it. So long as you have a program that plays .mpg files you'll be fine.

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Hissy, Yola and Leslie....your posts have touched my heart so much!!! I feel so bad for all you have gone through! I don't know what to say, because there is nothing I can say to make it better for you. My heart just ached reading your posts!!! I too once thought I might never have children, I had surgery twice to remove cancerous cells from my cervix, and was told I might never conceive. I felt such an emptyness inside...I know I can't fully understand how you feel because I do now have a child, finally, but I can relate to the feelings of thinking you may never have one. I just wish I could give all three of you a huge hug right now!!!