Harvey's going to a new home tomorrow

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She sounds like such a wonderful woman! It is great to know that there are people out there who really do care.
It sounds like everything is going to work out just fine.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kailie

She sounds like such a wonderful woman! It is great to know that there are people out there who really do care.
It sounds like everything is going to work out just fine.
Do you know I think it just will, I will have more settled kitties and a better atmosphere and Harvey can be "Harvey" all he wants and also I can keep updated with his progress. I will not go and see him as that would hurt me and him I think but ust every now and again it would be good to know how he is doing, also I have found a fantastic rescue centre which I will be spreading the word about.x

bellaandme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can't even begin to tell you HOW PROUD I AM OF YOU!!!
Fostering can wait a little while Ruthy. Your babies need to relax now that Harvey is gone. It's probably been stressful for them. You've given him a new lease on life!!! It's the ultimate sign of unconditional love that you've showed him!!! To give him what he needs even though it's not what you want!!! This struggle you've gone through will only make you stronger. You are MY HERO!!!

bellaandme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And maybe Harvey was put in your life for this reason!! Because you were the one who was suppose to really save him!!

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is all marvellous news, and now you have to relax and do something for yourself for once. Give yourself a little treat knowing you deserve it. There are good people out there, but you are the best.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ruthy, you have given Harvey a gift. The gift to be himself. I'm SO glad he is happy on the farm!
I agree about waiting until fostering. Give Billy and everyone else (including you!) a chance to readjust and work out the stress. The option will still be there in the future if you feel up to it.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ruthyb

Oh my gosh, she has just text me completely out of the blue she put
"Hi Ruth just to let you know that Harvey seems v much at home and settled in the barn Jane"
How nice is that? I said thankyou so much for letting me know, I am so grateful for this.Wow, I will be able to sleep easier tonight knowing this. Hmmm, I think she may have an ulterior motive for her kindness aswell as she asked me either about having a kitten or fostering
I could not even begin to think about this after all the troubles I have had lately and I don't know the first thing about fostering. I think my kitties need time to settle down and re-adjust. I am just sooo happy now that I know he is ok. I will keep in contact with JaneAlso when we are in a better financial situation I will amke a donation to the rescue centre as they are a home run charity and rely solely on donations, they have all animals from birds to a blind bull,lol, its the least that I could do for how they have helped me and Harvey.xx
What a wonderful thoughtful thing to do. When people know enough and care enough to know that the other person is hurting, and do something about it to make it a bit better, you know you've found good people.

Harvey is going to be so happy, and that is the most important thing.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have missed him so much today, my house has been eerily quiet, its been such an odd day. I keep wanting to go and get him and bring him home, I haven't rung Jane today, perhaps tomorrow and see if he is doing ok. I just keep thinkin I took him away from his home but I know if his previous owner had took him with her he may not even be alive now. On the plus side my other kitties have been roaming around more freely and Floss and Fudge even had a few "moments" earlier playing. I think Harvey has such a big personality he just had such a huge impact on this house an it will take me a while to get used to it.I just miss so much about him, he had a funny run and the way he used to just throw himself down on the floor

I spoke to my friend earlier, she has 3 cats and I told her about the rescue centre asking me to consider fostering and that I couldn't possibly but she said she would love to
So thats good a few more kitties will be getting help.x

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad you're holding off on the fostering---your other fur-kids need time to adjust and realize they don't have to watch out for Harvey anymore. Yea that you have a friend willing to do the fostering!
This will get easier every day because you did the right thing for everyone. Please don't second guess yourself; you made the right choice. (((hugs)))

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

Ruthy, you have given Harvey a gift. The gift to be himself.
What a beautiful, perfect way to put it!

Think of it this way, sweetie - you DID foster Harvey!

...and how wonderful your friend is going to foster!

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ruthyb

I have missed him so much today, my house has been eerily quiet, its been such an odd day. I keep wanting to go and get him and bring him home, I haven't rung Jane today, perhaps tomorrow and see if he is doing ok. I just keep thinkin I took him away from his home but I know if his previous owner had took him with her he may not even be alive now. On the plus side my other kitties have been roaming around more freely and Floss and Fudge even had a few "moments" earlier playing. I think Harvey has such a big personality he just had such a huge impact on this house an it will take me a while to get used to it.I just miss so much about him, he had a funny run and the way he used to just throw himself down on the floor

I spoke to my friend earlier, she has 3 cats and I told her about the rescue centre asking me to consider fostering and that I couldn't possibly but she said she would love to
So thats good a few more kitties will be getting help.x
I'm glad that Harvey found a happy home. And your friend is going to foster!