Harvey could use some vibes

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

Is this your stepson's only pet?
No, it's not. My stepson is 22 years old, and he's away at college in Boston. When he's at home he lives with his mother and her husband. His mother has several cats, including some that have been part of his life almost as long as Harvey has. (She was able to keep some of her cats when she left, and had to find new homes for others. It turned out to be a good thing for Harvey, because he's blossomed in a house with fewer cats.) She's had two of her older cats that have died in the last few years. So it's not that he hasn't gone through this before. He's just especially fond of Harvey. (Harvey even writes him letters when he's away at school
) I understand his viewpoint...it's a difficult decision for me to make, too, but Harvey's well-being has to be the foremost consideration here, not the humans' desire to keep him with us.

His mother has talked with him, and she's in total support of me and my decision here, so that definitely helps. (I'm VERY fortunate that my husband's ex is a great person and a fellow animal lover.) I'm sure he'll come around and understand that we're trying to do what's best for Harvey.