Hartz Delectables squeeze ups Tuna

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I am still looking for help with the Hartz Delectables squeeze ups which I have heard that it is not healthy for cats
Squeeze Ups are not a complete cat food, so maybe that is why you keep 'hearing' that they are not healthy for cats. They are treats to be given in that manner - as treats - IN ADDITION to complete cat foods. Think of it as some 'treat' in human food that some humans like - potato chips, ice cream, etc. They are not necessarily 'healthy', but when eaten in moderation they are 'acceptable' - however, they are not a substitute to replace well balanced meals for humans.

There is nothing wrong with the Hartz Delectable Squeeze Ups when used as a treat.

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
The most unhealthy things I can see in them is natural and artificial flavour (unspecified ingredient), coloring (unnecessary, can have similar effects in cats as children), and guar gum (potential gastrointestinal irritant).

It is a treat so is not meant to be given on a regular basis or as a main course.

I wouldn't say it's a great product but it's not that dangerous unless your cat has IBD.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Brevalerie

Pebbles
Kitten
Purraise
I’ve found that in my own search, there’s a lot of bad cat food out there. Look for natural ingredients and ones you can mostly understand. Have the first 3 ingredients be meat.

I think for most economic:
TikiCat is really good, check them out.
Science Hills is also pretty good.

Also, check out this list. It might be helpful when you’re looking through ingredients. Salt is listed but it shouldn’t be too bad if it’s listed way down in the ingredients. Usually anything listed after salt is the added supplements or vitamins
Worst Pet Food Ingredients

These are some tiki cat that have tuna in them.
They’re links to chewy but you should be able to find them at your local pet store. And I know PetSmart and Pet Supermarket will price match with chewy to save some $$. Good luck!

https://app.chewy.com/WBSaYQVdtpb

https://app.chewy.com/4IScyv2dtpb

https://app.chewy.com/ZQzt7h6dtpb
Yes I usually purchase them at the supermarket but there is definitely a shortage lately with the price now sky high. I do order most of my cat food & treats from Chewy. Thank you

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Brevalerie

Pebbles
Kitten
Purraise
Yes I usually purchase them at the supermarket but there is definitely a shortage lately with the price now sky high. I do order most of my cat food & treats from Chewy. Thank you
I also order the hartz Delectables squeeze ups but they are pricey. My cat loves them. She sits at her bowl & waits for it.. LOL

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Would you be interested in trying any of these others, as treats?

Copied from FeebysOwner FeebysOwner ;
"I use others in addition to Squeeze Ups, such as Tiki Cat Stix, Vitakraft, Temptations Puurree, Catit, Wholehearted, etc (Feeby no longer likes Churu, but I used to feed her those too). I use them to give Feeby her meds, so she does get them every day for that purpose.
But I also only give her half of one tube for each med serving. So, I see no reason not to give your cat a treat once or twice a day if she likes them."