Hartz Delectables squeeze ups Tuna

Brevalerie

Pebbles
Kitten
Purraise
I have been feeding these squeeze ups to my cat “Pebbles” for months and she loves them, sits and waits for it at the bowl I put it in. I recently read some horrific reviews about Hartz squeeze ups & that it contains deadly ingredients which can make your cat vert sick.. I am very concerned & don’t know which brand would be a better alternative?? Please help

pawdre

Adventure Kittens
Young Cat
Purraise
I’ve found that in my own search, there’s a lot of bad cat food out there. Look for natural ingredients and ones you can mostly understand. Have the first 3 ingredients be meat.

I think for most economic:
TikiCat is really good, check them out.
Science Hills is also pretty good.

Also, check out this list. It might be helpful when you’re looking through ingredients. Salt is listed but it shouldn’t be too bad if it’s listed way down in the ingredients. Usually anything listed after salt is the added supplements or vitamins
Worst Pet Food Ingredients

These are some tiki cat that have tuna in them.
They’re links to chewy but you should be able to find them at your local pet store. And I know PetSmart and Pet Supermarket will price match with chewy to save some $$. Good luck!

https://app.chewy.com/WBSaYQVdtpb

https://app.chewy.com/4IScyv2dtpb

https://app.chewy.com/ZQzt7h6dtpb

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
All lickable treats basically contain similar ingredients: water, the tuna or chicken or whatever protein, a starch of some kind to thicken the mixture, gums to also act as a thickener, and flavorings. None are deadly to cats. Be wary of such claims online. Hartz doesn't have a good reputation in general. Certain gums and starches may be irritating to cats with sensitive tummies.

There are other brands of lickable treats. The Churu ones are popular: Churu Purée – Premium quality pet food for your beloved pet friends Tiki Cat also makes another lickable treat: Tiki Cat Stix - Creamy Mousse Treat for Cats - Tiki Pets

If you're really concerned, then don't feed lickable treats. Try other treats to see what your cat likes. Freeze dried meat or fish treats are healthy and many cats love them. You can try mousse canned food as treats. Limit any treat to just that, an occasional treat. A few times a week is plenty and your cat won't get into the habit of refusing to eat food unless there is a treat on top.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Brevalerie

Pebbles
Kitten
Purraise

Brevalerie

Pebbles
Kitten
Purraise
All lickable treats basically contain similar ingredients: water, the tuna or chicken or whatever protein, a starch of some kind to thicken the mixture, gums to also act as a thickener, and flavorings. None are deadly to cats. Be wary of such claims online. Hartz doesn't have a good reputation in general. Certain gums and starches may be irritating to cats with sensitive tummies.

There are other brands of lickable treats. The Churu ones are popular: Churu Purée – Premium quality pet food for your beloved pet friends Tiki Cat also makes another lickable treat: Tiki Cat Stix - Creamy Mousse Treat for Cats - Tiki Pets

If you're really concerned, then don't feed lickable treats. Try other treats to see what your cat likes. Freeze dried meat or fish treats are healthy and many cats love them. You can try mousse canned food as treats. Limit any treat to just that, an occasional treat. A few times a week is plenty and your cat won't get into the habit of refusing to eat food unless there is a treat on top.
Thank you so much

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Can you provide the data you found that says they contain deadly ingredients?

Here is what is in them -
Tuna & Chicken Recipe - Water, Tuna, Chicken, Natural & Artificial Flavor, Tapioca Starch, Natural Tuna Flavor, Guar Gum, Annatto Extract Color, Carmine Color.
Tuna Recipe - Water, Tuna, Natural & Artificial Flavor, Tapioca Starch, Natural Tuna Flavor, Guar Gum, Annatto Extract Color, Carmine Color.
Tuna & Shrimp Recipe - Water, Tuna, Shrimp Natural & Artificial Flavor, Tapioca Starch, Natural Tuna Flavor, Guar Gum, Annatto Extract Color, Carmine Color.

So, was there a specific ingredient that is listed above that was also denoted in the data that you read?

I use others in addition to Squeeze Ups, such as Tiki Cat Stix, Vitakraft, Temptations Puurree, Catit, Wholehearted, etc (Feeby no longer likes Churu, but I used to feed her those too). I use them to give Feeby her meds, so she does get them every day for that purpose. But I also only give her half of one tube for each med serving. So, I see no reason not to give your cat a treat once or twice a day if she likes them.

Just about any treat, as well as cat food, has 'something' in them that 'someone' opposes. But you would serve you and your cat well to know what is in all of the foods you feed and understand what the ingredients are.

Brevalerie

Pebbles
Kitten
Purraise
Pretty concerning for a company I have been purchasing from for a long while now

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
This site link you posted has been reported as unsafe and I will not access it as a result. I looked to see if I could find another source, but I ended up only getting a 2013 article relative to Hartz foods/treats. This link is the best I could find regarding current recalls- nothing about the Delectables.
⚠ Cat Food Recalls 2021-2022: Is Your Brand on This List? (petful.com)

Last edited:

Brevalerie

Pebbles
Kitten
Purraise

pawdre

Adventure Kittens
Young Cat
Purraise
This site link you posted has been reported as unsafe and I will not access it as a result. I looked to see if I could find another source, but I ended up only getting a 2013 article relative to Hartz foods/treats. This link is the best I could find regarding current recalls- nothing about the Delectables.
⚠ Cat Food Recalls 2021-2022: Is Your Brand on This List? (petful.com)
Yeah same thing happened to me. I was just able to get into the page but was barely able to read anything as it forwards you to some spam site.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Yeah same thing happened to me. I was just able to get into the page but was barely able to read anything as it forwards you to some spam site.
Any site that does that is not credible. Your reference to the FDA site should be considered credible, but I didn't see any current years, so you kind of have to find a site, like I did and gave you, to see more current recalls. If you want to see if you can find others, keep looking around, but by no means go to ones like the one you did.

pawdre

Adventure Kittens
Young Cat
Purraise
Any site that does that is not credible. Your reference to the FDA site should be considered credible, but I didn't see any current years, so you kind of have to find a site, like I did and gave you, to see more current recalls. If you want to see if you can find others, keep looking around, but by no means go to ones like the one you did.
I saw some current years on it but they’re both terminated. I noticed some of the other pet food recall sites were missing one that was listed on the FDA site that wasn’t listed on the other sites
5F1E7940-D771-47B7-8822-03587AD49BD2.jpeg
FCCEC6A3-A28A-4EA7-BF49-78D99D8183BB.jpeg
9C85CFBA-6506-4AC8-A4A8-A01363D026A1.jpeg

ladytimedramon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The strange thing to watch is some of the ones that advertise as "chicken" may also have fish in them - and one of my girls is very allergic to fish.

Brevalerie

Pebbles
Kitten
Purraise
Ok. Thank you

Brevalerie

Pebbles
Kitten
Purraise
The strange thing to watch is some of the ones that advertise as "chicken" may also have fish in them - and one of my girls is very allergic to fish.
Ok Thanks for the info

Brevalerie

Pebbles
Kitten
Purraise
I am still looking for help with the Hartz Delectables squeeze ups which I have heard that it is not healthy for cats & question how can I change my cat from showing on my profile as a kitten to a Cat?

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Your TCS membership status is Kitten because you're a newbie :) It has nothing to do with the age of your cat. There a list of all the statuses here: Promotions and Benefits

You have received responses to your question about Hartz Squeeze Ups in your thread: Hartz Delectables squeeze ups Tuna If you have concerns about the ingredients, then don't feed the Squeeze Ups.

Brevalerie

Pebbles
Kitten
Purraise
Your TCS membership status is Kitten because you're a newbie :) It has nothing to do with the age of your cat. There a list of all the statuses here: Promotions and Benefits

You have received responses to your question about Hartz Squeeze Ups in your thread: Hartz Delectables squeeze ups Tuna If you have concerns about the ingredients, then don't feed the Squeeze Ups.
Oh I see. Thank you for explaining