Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

okeefecl

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, I liked the movie a lot. There were a few scenes that made my hair stand on end (especially when Harry conjures his real Patronus, or when he rides on Buckbeak). And when I saw Crookshanks for the first time, I thought of Sam (I never imagined Crookshanks as a Persian, just as a beaten-up alley cat).

I'm planning to see it again this week. I saw it Friday night at 8 pm with a bunch of teenagers-maybe without the hormones and cell phone calls it might be more wonderful.

turtlecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought t was quite good. a word though because I almost bopped a few people with an umbrella. A book and a movie are two quite different things.. If you want all the information of a full length novel in a movie, be prepared to sit on your duff in a theatre for about 10 hours.

on a happier note.. there is quidditch!

grissom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Very good! Even Rob liked it and he is a picky movie person. My only complaint was that the whole Mooney, Wormtail, Padfoot and Prongs thing was not well explained, which meant I had to explain it to Rob. Otherwise it was great. I thought the casting for Lupin and SIrius was great.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Weve got a guy at work who is able to copy them, we don't ask questions but they are perfect copies.

He's back from holiday next week and he has his orders ready for it when he comes back on monday, and i can't wait

graykittenlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Saw this this weekend. I loved it. Of course, I am a little bit crazy about Harry Potter according to my friends. But that being said my cousin's boyfriend already wants to see it again.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was so excited that Crookshanks was a Persian, I think the whole movie theater heard me telling my friend Lisa(who I went with) that he was infact a red persian! LOL. Also Professor Trelwany(sp?), had a blue bicolor Persian as well, and he was GORGEOUS! Both needed a good groom though.

But other then that I didn't really like it at all, infact the only thing keeping me there was the fact I had spent $7, and Lisa is leaving to go to her new home overseas soon. I was really disapointed to say the least.

Shrek 2 opens here tonight, I'm going to see that this weekend! I can't wait. I LOVE Shrek 1!!!!

acidcrys

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I didn't really like it either sadly!

I dont know if its because we went to a cheap theatre and the whole time my rear was in severe pain.. or what, but it just didn't make me as happy as the others. My brother said he didn't like it because there was a lot less magic. I don't know why it wasn't pleasing
Perhaps because they didn't focus so much on Harry Potter's feelings but more just the action? Hard to say.