Harley Vibes

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Lndscpsam

Very true! I was asked that when Sluggo was neutered too. And most people act surprised when you say no. It's so sad that people just expect your kitty to be declawed. Such a horrible practice!
I agree, all of my friends asked me if I was getting him declawed today and when I said no, they thought I was crazy!

jamasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

Do they let you do that? I was thinking of taking something with him so he will feel 'at home', you know? like his little Harley Davidson ball that he adores-just to have it with him, but I wasn't sure if they would let us do that?
When Jazz went in for her thyriod shot (5 days!) I sent her with a t-shirt I wore for days! The vet said it would be fine! And I sent a toy with her to!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jamasmom

When Jazz went in for her thyriod shot (5 days!) I sent her with a t-shirt I wore for days! The vet said it would be fine! And I sent a toy with her to!
Oh 5 days? I would go CRAZY without him for that long!!
I took in his Harley Davidson ball, which he loves, so he would have something that was familiar to him.

pombina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats house, we just pay the mortgage..
aaaw poor baby boy. He will be fine. I can't believe how great your vet sounds, apart from the 'standard' declawing obviously!!!, letting you put him in the kennel and leave a ball for him. When we took Sleeves in they were so horrible to us, the complete opposite of this!
makes me very sad.
Hope you have a fairly good nights sleep tonight and remember not long now til you can pick him up! unless its already wednesday where you are? I have no idea, its 16.15 in UK...
If it is wednesday then yeeeha!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pombina

aaaw poor baby boy. He will be fine. I can't believe how great your vet sounds, apart from the 'standard' declawing obviously!!!, letting you put him in the kennel and leave a ball for him. When we took Sleeves in they were so horrible to us, the complete opposite of this!
makes me very sad.
Hope you have a fairly good nights sleep tonight and remember not long now til you can pick him up! unless its already wednesday where you are? I have no idea, its 16.15 in UK...
If it is wednesday then yeeeha!
Nope, its Tuesday! Oh how I wish it were Wednesday!

I took him back myself...he took one look at the poor lady that was working and hissed at her like crazy!

They are really super great there, so nice! They said I could call and check on him whenever I feel I need to, when is too soon!? haha, I wanted to call 5 min after I left!
I took him in at 7:30AM and its now 10:30AM...how long does the procedure take!?

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm not sure for a neuter Mackenzie?!. I know when Rosie and Sophie were spayed they went in at 9.a.m and i was told to ring at 2.p.m, but they were in the recovery room well before then.

Having said that Sophie recovered really quickly and was meowing the surgery down so they had to ring me to go and get her because she was stressing the other animals in the waiting room!. You could hear her all the way upstairs.

Maybe ring just after lunchtime?!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rosiemac

I'm not sure for a neuter Mackenzie?!. I know when Rosie and Sophie were spayed they went in at 9.a.m and i was told to ring at 2.p.m, but they were in the recovery room well before then.

Having said that Sophie recovered really quickly and was meowing the surgery down so they had to ring me to go and get her because she was stressing the other animals in the waiting room!. You could hear her all the way upstairs.

Maybe ring just after lunchtime?!
Maybe she gets the meowing from Rosie!?

I just really wish I could go pick him up! I'm going to miss him not being at home when I go home for lunch today, we usually eat together!

You know, when we first were thinking about getting a kitten, I was the one who really didn't think I wanted one...and now, I can't even live without him, and he's SUCH a momma's boy....he's totally converted me to a cat person!
He's my soul kitty!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I called the vets office and they told me that he's still really sleepy, but the surgury went fine!!
They said that he is not a very happy camper!

Oh I'm so happy that everything went okay, she said to call back around 3, cuz he should be up and awake by then....HURRAY!

Thanks for all your guys' vibes!!!

pombina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats house, we just pay the mortgage..
Thats great news. Glad it went fine. The vets told me the procedure takes about 10 mins altogether so not long at all. Its amazing how long they sleep afterwards though if he wakes up later he'll probably soon fall asleep again.
When Sleeves was in for the day I did all my cleaning and opened all my windows and door to let some air through and it was quite nice to clean without him wanting to know what I was doing all the time! however I missed him like MAD, even for the few hours he was away I kept automatically looking for him.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

I called the vets office and they told me that he's still really sleepy, but the surgury went fine!!
They said that he is not a very happy camper!

Oh I'm so happy that everything went okay, she said to call back around 3, cuz he should be up and awake by then....HURRAY!

Thanks for all your guys' vibes!!!
so glad to hear he's doing ok - why do they keep him overnite? the vets around here don't - i picked up all 4 of my girls the afternoon of their morning spay [& it's a much more invasive procedure than the castration]. you might ask them if it's okay to pick him up later today & bring him home.... you never know - they might be ok with that!

chichismom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

so glad to hear he's doing ok - why do they keep him overnite? the vets around here don't - i picked up all 4 of my girls the afternoon of their morning spay [& it's a much more invasive procedure than the castration]. you might ask them if it's okay to pick him up later today & bring him home.... you never know - they might be ok with that!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

I asked them, and they said that they would prefer to keep him overnight....I guess I'm not going to argue...I only want the best for him, and if they think he needs to be kept, to keep an eye on him....I dunno, I dont wanna bring him home, especially when me and John will both be gone to work tomorrow too, so we will just pick him up tomorrow night after work!

ashleynicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't wait til he's home with you, b/c I know you'll be worried until then. Me and Marlee have been thinking of you both, Marlee says she knows it sucks but he'll feel better soon! Hope time goes by fast til you see your boy again...

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know, I'm SO excited to have it over with!

I'm going to wash all his bedding and make sure he's got treats, food and all the goodies when he comes home!

Thanks again for all the vibes!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just really wanted to send out a big THANK YOU to everyone that sent me and Harley good vibes the past 2 days!

You're all such great friends!!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Only 1/2 hour til I get to go pick up Harley!!

I am so excited I can hardly contain myself!

Does anyone know what I should be expecting? Will he be really sleepy, or anything like that? I'm so ready to just cuddle him all night long on the couch!

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad everything went well for Harley!

Tailer is the only one that was with me when he got "fixed", so I only have his experience to go by. Our vet kept him overnight, too. He was fine when he got home, didn't seem sleepy or sore or anything. He was kinda clingy and wanted all sorts of love and attention and spoiling. (But then, now that I think about it, he always wants all sorts of love and attention and spoiling.
)