Harley- breathing funny.

jean44

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor Harley, he's having such a hard time. Here are some {{{good health and get your meow back}}} vibes for him. Hugs to all of you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, we're back. They took his temp right away and it was 103.5
They also weighed him, and he weighs 16lbs!

They were unable to do a full exam on him because he kept hissing and trying to literally kill the vet!
Apparently on his sheet they have written on there that he's "Hard to handle
" He's really not! He's a love bug to high heaven, but apparently he hates strangers outside of the apartment.

So, they prescribed Clavomax for his cold. They were able to check his heart and lungs, and they were clear- thank goodness!! I was so worried that he might have gotten pneumia (spelled really wrong). So, we're trying this, and also Enisyl to boost his & Bayley's immune system, since Bayley is getting the same thing
Runny nose, eyes & sneezing.

Ugh... thank goodness they let me charge it out, another $100 visit!

I'm just hoping that this helps both of them, I just want my boys healthy!!

aelurophile

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm sure Harley will feel much better in the next day or so, after he's had some medicine in him.

My Elvin is like Harley--a HUGE love bug at home and a terror at the vet's office. He wasn't always like that but I think two moves and a painful experience at the vet's (to check a scratch on the eye) created a permanent adverse reaction to strange situations. My vet claims that Elvin isn't on their "top 10" list of the worst cats, but that's hard to believe after seeing the vet and two vet techs suit up to deal with him. All that's missing is face masks for them to wear!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Aelurophile

I'm sure Harley will feel much better in the next day or so, after he's had some medicine in him.

My Elvin is like Harley--a HUGE love bug at home and a terror at the vet's office. He wasn't always like that but I think two moves and a painful experience at the vet's (to check a scratch on the eye) created a permanent adverse reaction to strange situations. My vet claims that Elvin isn't on their "top 10" list of the worst cats, but that's hard to believe after seeing the vet and two vet techs suit up to deal with him. All that's missing is face masks for them to wear!
I hope so too, I just want my big guy to be back to normal!!

Yeah- I felt really horrible that he wanted to mangle our vet!
He was lucky to be able to listen to his heart and get a temp, but that was enough for him! He burried his head into my chest and just cried, I felt so bad for him!! He sure did run right back into his carrier tho when I put him down! He had enough!!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Both your boys are on my mind, and of course you get lots of vibes from my direction for good health and happiness for both of them.

Isn't is funny how the biggest love-bug can turn "vicious" at the vets, and semi-ferals like my Ferris just get scared stiff and let the vet do anything to them?
I feel like I've won the lottery when I can clip ONE nail on him, yet at the vets they can do all 4 paws in 20 seconds, and he just sits there. Furkids - go figure!

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor babies! What a rough few months it has been for everyone. I hope they both start feeling better soon.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

So, we're trying this, and also Enisyl to boost his & Bayley's immune system, since Bayley is getting the same thing
Runny nose, eyes & sneezing.

Ugh... thank goodness they let me charge it out, another $100 visit!

I'm just hoping that this helps both of them, I just want my boys healthy!!
are they wet eaters? if so, you can save a bunch of money using the powdered lysine in their food or water instead of the Enisyl, which is a very expensive form of lysine. i use twinlab's lysine capsules in my cats' water, 1000 mg per 16 oz. it's really helped with Pixel's herpes, & they are still drinking the water, so it must not taste like much of anything. i'd put it in the food, but Pixel only eats dry...

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awww poor Harley! At least they seemed pretty confident about what it was and were able to prescribe something to help him.

My girls send big kitty kisses and headbutts to the boys and hope they're feeling much better soon.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks all.... I gave him his first pill tonight. I set it on top of his wet food like I do for Bayley's- and usually Bayley just eats it right up, but not Harley- he ate AROUND it!
So.. unfortuantely I had to open his mouth and give it to him, I felt so horrible that I gave him 3 of his favorite treats right after

His temp as obviously gone down, and his ears are not warm anymore. He's been sleeping the whole time since we've been home, right now he's in John's closet where its nice and cool, and dark

I'm worried about leaving him alone tomorrow while I'm at work... but I know he'll be okay... John will be home at noon to check on him and I should be home shortly there after...

jean44

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
More good health vibes to both of your boys. I'm glad Harley is on medication that will help him. You're fortunate that he cooperated in the "pilling". Good boy Harley! Hugs to all.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
At least Harley will get better soon!
Soon he'll be back to himself. As for "hard to handle", my Twitch, the toothless front paw declawed cat, has that written about her, too.

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope our big, beautiful Harley is feeling better soon!
I'm glad there's nothing too serious wrong.

I'm on his side as far as being hard to handle at the vet. I don't blame him a bit for not wanting to let some scary, strange people do scary, strange things to him. I'd fight back, too!
You go, Harley!!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone! I came home today from work and he's still senzzing, but his nose isn't as runny today!

He was sneezing this mornign a lot and really congested, so I put him in the bathroom w/ me while I took a shower and he actually SAT in the shower with me!
The steam really helped clear him up, so we'll be doing that from now on, with both of the boys just until they both clear up.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Poor Harley! I'm glad you were able to get him to the vet and get him meds! I'm also really glad his fever's down. It means it's working! I'm bummed to hear Bayley's getting it too.

But Harley well be feeling even better tomorrow - you'll hear from John, I'm sure.

{{{{{{{{get better}}}}}}}}} boys! vibes coming their way!

Laurie

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was thinking that he had a cold when I was reading the thread.

Sending some healing vibes Harley's way, hope he gets back to being his old self soon.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's hoping that he is on the road to recovery now
It is so agonising when our babies are sick.