Hardwood floors

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I dread cleaning with vinegar I don't know why but the smell of it makes me naustious and always has.
But it is safer for my girls I guess then cleaners.

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One more thing to do you use a broom or one of those dust mops on hardwood. I feel dumb for asking but I've never had hardwood.

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tavia'smom

One more thing to do you use a broom or one of those dust mops on hardwood. I feel dumb for asking but I've never had hardwood.
I use both. First I use a broom then go over again with a dustmop.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We built our house three years ago. We have prefinished white oak flooring in the living rooms, down the hall way and in the bedrooms. I love it. It is the easiest floor to take care of that I have ever had. Periodically, I use the brush attachment for floors and vacuum. Or I use a dustmop. So easy. The manufacturer says never wet them with anything. I do have a special cleaner to use for asphalt marks, etc. Also there is a spray on cleaner I use once in a while to spruce them up a bit. BUT never any water or anything else. So easy. They look beautiful. Of course, wood floors will get some dings from time to time, but that just goes along with having wood floors.
In my old house, I had the laminate tiles in my dining room and kitchen. I liked that floor too, but it did scratch more than hardwood. Good luck with whatever your dad decides.

joanne511

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a friend whose husband lays flooring and he said that the Pergo brand is not good - more likely to damage than other brands. I've also read that there is quite a bit of variety in bamboo flooring and some are hardier than others, so do your research. My DH and I are looking into that for our new house.

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I think we are going to stick with original plans Hardwood in the living room and hallway and tile in the kitchen and bathrooms, carpet in the bedrooms, and linoleum in the basement and the rooms in it. Because he said we can't afford hardwood throughout and we never wanted it in the kitchen or bathrooms he thinks putting it there is just stupid.
But that's him our neighbor has it in her kitchen. He likes the lighter hardwood and he wants oak cabinetry. And he has agreed to put french doors going out of the basement I love that so one day when I get a pool I can go out the french doors.