Hardened white hair on the back of the ear?

Shandyl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all, first time posting here. This has been my go-to site for information on taking care of my kitty. I’m new to this and just adopted our little guy (a bit over 1 yo) not too long ago. Things have been good and I got calmer over time (not over-reacting to the slightest changes my cat does. Haha). But for the past two days, I’ve been noticing some white hair on the back of his one ear. Today I got a chance to touch them, and they feel hardened. They feel abnormal? At least different from what I expect a cat ear hair would feel like... Should I be worried? I’ve attached a video here. It looks so trivial but it feels so weird... Thank you ahead of time! :)

Attachments

molly92

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This might be a dumb suggestion, but are you sure nothing got on her ear? Like a bit of lotion or food or something? I would try gently rubbing it with a damp cloth and see if it comes off.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It could be growth from a previous injury or from a small lesion, feel and see if you feel any kind of bump. It may be something you just haven't noticed before. When grey hair grows in on people it feels coarser and thicker too, so it may just be a few grey hairs. As long as it doesn't spread rapidly, I would write it down to ask the vet about the next time you bring him in. it does NOT appear to be something to rush him in over.