Hard to Resist...but 6?

leesali

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Fostering these 2 little boys (5 wks old) and it is now under "family" discussion as to whether or not we should keep these 2 little guys. We are already "4"...two adult Persians & two 5 1/2 month old bottle-fed babies. Yikes!! Have fostered before but these 2 little boys seem special
(aren't they all though) Is 6 really "out there"?

big-cat-fan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just give in.... if you are already considering it .... they won. Those faces are just toooooooooooooooooooo cute!!!!!!!!

Ohh.... I just
them and I have only seen their pics!!!!

serenasmommy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wow! You're an amazing person, to be able to take care of all those gorgeous kitties!
I don't think 6 is really too much. Then again, that depends on how much time you have, and if you're financially able to care for them. Food, litter, litter boxes, and the vet checks and/or unexpected health problems. On the plus side, it's a nice even number. Plus, it sounds like they're all used to, and attached to, each other, and have grown up together, so you wouldn't have to worry about separating them! But, if you don't want your little stripey guy.... I've been looking for an excuse to go to New York!

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwww, who could resist those sweet faces!!!

I have 7, so 6 doesn't seem bad at all!!

sammie5

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think 6 is too many. If you take these guys in, that means that it's even harder to foster more when they need your help.

ollyextra05

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it depends on your personal situation. I know myself, I would have room for six in our house but I don't have the time to clean as much as I would need to with six nor do I feel we have enough $$ to take care of six should an emergency arise. If they all got an upper respiratory virus at once or something and every single one had to go to the vet, I'd be living in a cardboard box!

I guess its really up to you and your family. Also, the "balance of power" in your group of cats would change after introducing the new 2 as permanent members.

This is why I'm afraid to foster! I'd want to keep every kitten that came along!

Good luck making what I'm sure is a difficult decision!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

leesali

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
But, if you don't want your little stripey guy.... I've been looking for an excuse to go to New York!

That's yet another reason why I don't want to give them up. They must be adopted together or not at all. They have bonded and I don't want them seperated.

I agree, that with 6, financially it could be really crunching between vet. visits, food, litter, toys, etc. I also agree, that with 6, time is limited to help & foster those other little ones without homes. But...they are so darn cute

I don't know why these 2 seem special to me. I have adopted others out without shedding a tear but these 2 are pulling on my heart (and my family's)

Still under discussion...no decisions will be made immediately since they are not fully weaned yet...they are going nowhere just yet

gilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwwww
They are both so lovely, it would be hard to resist on keeping them!

leesali

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
This is getting harder & harder. Striped little one purred and rolled on his back for belly kisses...first time I heard purring & the little black guy fell asleep on my chest. Sooo cute & getting harder & harder to part with them.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh my! I'd be attached now too! My friend is 'fostering' a kitten and were hoping her husband will get attached before he's too old so they can keep him! I know your 'pain' here! They are just so precious!

consumerkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Something in the hearts and souls of you and your family is telling you to keep them. There must be a reason, so I think you should keep them.
I hope you will still be able to foster other kitties, though.

leesali

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
As of early evening, I am fostering 2 other kittens from the same litter.

There was a litter of 6 from one of my colony's females. All were being nursed behind a shed. I was able to get to 2 of those kittens about 1-week ago. The pics. I posted are those 2 little guys. The next 2, I was able to grab early evening. They are in the same room but in a seperate cage for health reasons. There are still 2 more out there that I need to grab.

Again, I have fostered before but the 2 little boys are special. My feeling is we will probably keep them...6 is a nice number
Must get them checked at vet. before a final decision is made...I would never jeopordize my other cats health.

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by leesali

Fostering these 2 little boys (5 wks old) and it is now under "family" discussion as to whether or not we should keep these 2 little guys. We are already "4"...two adult Persians & two 5 1/2 month old bottle-fed babies. Yikes!! Have fostered before but these 2 little boys seem special
(aren't they all though) Is 6 really "out there"?
What a cutie!!