Hard scar tissue like lump after spay surgery

Gucci&Bellasmomma

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So my cat got spayed about a month ago. I had to take her back to the vet a day after the surgery because when she got home she was acting crazy and it seemed swollen and red. She got anti inflammatory and antibiotics. Well I had to take them for their booster shot a few days ago, and wanted to show the vet the lump. But to my surprise the vet was unavailable and she had a tech do the shot who also commented on it being hard but that’s all she said. I can push on it and it doesn’t seem to bug her, and she’s acting completely normal. It seems like scar tissue and now I am wondering the vet ( different from my normal vet sewed the incision tight and now it is scar tissue? ( got a SNAP ( low cost) vet to fix them) and even though it was discounted between shots and getting them fixed I’m broke. I can’t afford to take them to the vet again right now. Should I be worried? I hate that I can’t take them again but just their boosters were almost $70 bucks! What do I do?

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It could be a seroma that hasn't gone down yet. IDK why vets don't mention this more often. It's a collection of fluid under the incision. I'd bring her in to doublecheck it, but in the interim you can try applying warm damp compresses on it for a few minutes, a couple of times a day.

My girl developed one a week or so after her spay. It looked like a small golf ball under the skin. It took weeks for it to fully resolve.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Gucci&Bellasmomma

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I wasn’t warned about this however did read about it looking online to see if I could find an answer. Could you feel the fluid under the skin? Because this feels so hard to me that’s why I thought it was scar tissue like she was sewn up too tightly…