Hard dried poo on butt skin

Nime

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone,

It has been a rough week. You can see my previous posts for background. My cat has had severe diarrhea and has scalding around anus. Vet gave me a steroid cream. I have been applying it. He is a long hair white persian. Problem is he has a piece of dry poop right where the scalding of the skin happened. It hurts him too much to pull it off its so stuck to the skin. What do I do?

maggiemay

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Another thing that helps soften it so that you can remove it is virgin coconut oil. And I agree about the sanitary trim. Having that done to one of mine at tomorrow’s vet visit.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Nime

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Another thing that helps soften it so that you can remove it is virgin coconut oil. And I agree about the sanitary trim. Having that done to one of mine at tomorrow’s vet visit.
Thanks for responding! I have tried a warm compress but it still wont come out. Is it possible it could be a huge scab trying to heal? :/ but it is literally black.

maggiemay

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
If I were you, I would call the vet’s office for an emergency sanitary trim. You need to have it done anyway, and they will be able to tell which it is. Poor little guy!

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Thanks for responding! I have tried a warm compress but it still wont come out. Is it possible it could be a huge scab trying to heal? :/ but it is literally black.
Try warm oil rather than just water. It will help soften it better. You can use baby oil, vegetable oil, olive oil, etc.