Hapy Gotcha Day Jennie!

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
(Oh dear, a day late, sorry Jennie!)

Today is Jennie's Gotcha Day! Three years ago on October 2, 2007, she came to her forever home.

Jennie was an adult stray who showed up on a friend's property. At first all I ever saw of her was her white hind feet disappearing over the porch wall, so I was calling her Socks, for lack of something better.

Then one day as she was eating on their porch I got a good look at her. With her wide pot belly I thought she was pregnant. I'd already decided she was coming home with me, so I wanted to get her trapped as soon as possible.

I started trying to approach her and each day she stayed a little longer... then came the day...she ran and jumped over the porch railing like always, but when I peeked over the side, there she was crouched in the grass.

Our eyes met and I said "OH! You're Jennie!" She gave me a long blink. I got a handful of kibble and tossed them one by one in the grass and she ate them one by one. I went out and sat in the grass and she came a little closer, but not close enough to touch.

I made the appointment to bring her in for testing and spaying, and trapping her was a breeze.

As it turned out she wasn't pregnant, vet said the kittens either didn't survive or she was in the process of weaning them because her milk was drying up and she was going back into heat at the time of spay.

(kittens were ultimately trapped and brought to rescue)

So on Oct. 2, 2007 Jennie came Forever Home

Happy Gotcha Day my Jennie-Jennie, I love you.

This is what she looked like then...

This is what she looks like now:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you Cattybird!!

<UGH a typo in the title. Could a moderator please fix that? I can't bear typos in my titles.>

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks you guys! I inadvertently posted Jennie's pictures of her Gotcha Day celebration in a new thread rather than this one.

you can see it here:

Jennie's Gotcha Day Picture Thread