Happy weekday to Willow's Acorns

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Willow's Acorns are one week old today!!!!

They're growing so fast!

Willow and kiddies - you can even see her poor 'boo boo'

gangs all here

Wilbur and Dorito -- As you can see: Wilbur's righly named

extier

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
How absolutely adorable!! Thanks for sharing the pics.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Extier

How absolutely adorable!! Thanks for sharing the pics.
Ah thanks. I wanted to take home our scale from work so I can weigh them, just for the heck of it. I was noticing how one of the boys, [obviously] Wibur and one of the girls, Frito *appear* so much bigger than their sibs. But last night after checking them over I 'd bet that Frito is actually heavier than Wilbur....

And OH! The two littlest guys, Nacho and Dorito had their eyes slighly opend!
Nacho was only peeking with one - but I could see it!

One last observation.... Frito - that last born, still has her cord, where the others lost theirs days ago. However, Frito is the one kitten that I had to cut the cord myself... Think this has anything to do with it? Looks healthy though...

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

Oh aren't the babies looking lovely and fat! Mine are one week old today as well.

Thanks for sharing!
Thanks Sam, I've been trying to follow and catch up on your thread as well! Holy cow you've been on here a while, which surprised me since I know how young you are. I give you a lot of credit! I have a 14 year old daughter and it amazes me how dedicated you are to your cats! and how knowledgeable you are.

Took me awhile to work my way through your pages last night, but your kittens (and cats) are so adorable!

I'm going to weigh the kitties tonight! I'm taking bets now as to who's the heaviest!

cjandbilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wonderful pictures! I can't wait to see more!

So, did Willow have to have that emergency surgery? Or did she make it without it? I'm so glad that she's doing better! It sure is a relief for all of us, and I know for you!!!

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I woke up this morning and noticed how much lighter Wilbur was than his brother Nacho... of course I had to take some pics. Which doesnt do the coloring justice after using the flash...

It's so hard to tell here, but at what point do you consider a red a cream?
When he was first born, I thought he was the same color as Willow, but as he gets older - LOL - a WHOLE week, he looks so much lighter already.

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CJandBilly

Wonderful pictures! I can't wait to see more!

So, did Willow have to have that emergency surgery? Or did she make it without it? I'm so glad that she's doing better! It sure is a relief for all of us, and I know for you!!!
Thanks Cassie, and I love to hear updates on CJ as well! Willow did not have to have the surgery, which was a relief as they were worried about her milk supply. Her 'boo boo' is from the IV fliuds and the antibiotics. Call me niave, but when I took the bandage off, I was surprised it was shaved underneath - DUH!
On the night before her scheduled surgery, Thursday night, before I went to bed her fever was still over 104, but her spirits were noteably different. Come morning her fever was down, so they decided to wait on the surgery. Her temp did go back up that evening, but the vet said as long as it didnt stay up we would hold off. She has been doing wonderfully ever since!
Thanks for asking.

ali012281

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What sweet precious babies!!! They are all so itty bitty, even little tub Wilbur.
I can't wait to see more pictures as they age!!!

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ahh thanks guys - havent met an ugly kitten yet though
But I am particularly partial to this batch

I h-jacked our postage scale from work today, I'm getting ready to go up and get their weights. Any one wanna place a bet?!
It's my guess that kitty #4, Frito, out-weighs her brother, the piglet, Wilbur

BRB

lisalee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Such precious little babies and Willow is beautiful!

awliston

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
What gorgeous kittens! I am so glad Willow is alright. I am new to the site and found your post the night Willow had the kittens and read with anticipation every post! I was having severe back problems at the time (still am actually) and couldn't sleep. I haven't been on very much in the past week so I was surprised to read about WIllow. I know how important your kitties are to you. Mine has been with me through my back ordeal and every place I try to rest, he is right there with me. I couldn't do it without him! Keep posting the pictures! We all want to see them grow (especially Wilbur!)
Ann

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by awliston

What gorgeous kittens! I am so glad Willow is alright. I am new to the site and found your post the night Willow had the kittens and read with anticipation every post! I was having severe back problems at the time (still am actually) and couldn't sleep. I haven't been on very much in the past week so I was surprised to read about WIllow. I know how important your kitties are to you. Mine has been with me through my back ordeal and every place I try to rest, he is right there with me. I couldn't do it without him! Keep posting the pictures! We all want to see them grow (especially Wilbur!)
Ann
Aww! Ann that was really sweet! And I really hope your back is feeling better. My mom actually just got back to work herself after suffering from an old back injury (she fell through a ceiling changing an air conditioner vent when I was younger) Every now and again she puts it out again, so I really can sympathize with you! And thanks for your kind words!