Happy the Birman... or is he?

abisiobhan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
i have had many meezers (Siamese) and amactive in Siamese Rescue sou would have to say not Siamese. I am less familiar with Birmans tho know someone who breeds them and while yours looks very much like one, you would need papers and certification to assure it.At $30 I would say no. Even back yard breedrrs yugh!!!!!) Charge much more. But he may well have genetic material from both these breeds. He is an absolutely beautiful and looks very well, HAPPY!!

mikki116

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'd say definitely. Especially if he's very loving! Wonderful cats. I had one(Bella) & she really became my baby. She could even tell when I was poorly. Amazing,really.

jezahb

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My sister has a Snowshow, and while he is a shorthair, he looks a LOT like Happy. Adorable kittens BTW! I wish I could have one, I love pointed kitties

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

titania

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Omg, Webster is beautiful! And he does look like my Cici! 

I still think Happy might be a Birman mix... and looking at Webster and other Snowshoe cats, now I'm almost positive Cici is a Snowshoe too! I'm having a very hard time letting go of the kittens... I think I may keep them after all lol!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Happy and Cici are gorgeous and I love how they snuggle together so happily. Who's the cute tabby getting his cuddle on with them?

kasha

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Happy really is a beautiful cat. He looks to have some Siamese in him, but he's probably not a purebred Birman.  I actually own a similar looking cat adopted from my local shelter. Since mine has no papers or history, she's considered to be a "Ragdoll or Birman mix" breed. My cat is large and pretty solid/stocky (14 lb), rather heavy neck ruff and full fluffy tail. She has dark tabby/lynx point markings on her face, legs, tail, ears; four white feet; wide-set smallish ears, a rather round head but not Persian in the nose/flat facial configuration; blue eyes; gold/brown body coloring; dark cream colored belly and chin; and long fur. The Ragdoll breed is actually said to originally be a Birman mix, and Birmans in appearance have some characteristic Siamese traits/markings, so I'd guess they might all share a common ancestry. As far as I know of Birman cats, they are a purebred cat and rare to find outside of a breeder. They have very specific body markings (usually as well as a pedigree). They always have 4 white feet (with paw pads in pink or black or both) ideally with the white coming over the feet and cutting off across bottom of the "wrists" and going up a little on rear of the back legs to a point (laces). They have no other white markings anywhere else on their body or face/chin. The body/back is a warm brown/gold color, rather similar to a Siamese cat's body coloring/point pattern, and the bellies are lighter still (a tan or cream, but never white). They can have several different point colorings; i.e. seal, blue, red, lilac, chocolate, etc. and the  point coloring (face, ears, legs, tail) can be solid or tabby/lynx striped. They always have blue eyes, ideally deep blue, round. The fur is medium long and silky, heavy around the neck and tail, but not a double coat like a Persian. While the coat will need regular grooming, it isn't especially high maintenance and does not mat easily. They're said to be long lived, and have a good/gentle disposition. My own (mixed breed, paperless) cat is very healthy. She's 13 years old and has had no health issues other than dental cleanings and a couple of lost teeth. As for your cat, I wouldn't worry about whether or not he's a purebred, just enjoy him as he is.

ellag

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
cici definitely looks like a purebred snowshoe to me. she's refered to as a queen, the male is a king. dam and sire are for dogs. I'd say your boy is a ragdoll/Siamese cross. you could do a DNA test if you wanted to know for sure..

all your cats are beautiful! I just rescued a little snowshoe mix that is the sweetest kitten ever!

I don't think you'll have any trouble finding homes for those adorable kittens!

Last edited: