Happy Purim everyone!

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Today it's the beginning of Purim - a 3 days long Jewish holiday. This one is the most fun! It's a lot like a non-spooky Halloween - people dress in costumes, eat, drink and party.

Unfortunately, this year Purim may be spoiled by the war. In the news today they showed how they were teaching children in kindergarden to wear their gas masks, telling them it was like a Purim maks, so they won't be too scared

This is what toddlers aged 1-3 would be wearing - pretty scary, especially when everyone around you disappears behind even scarier masks...

Still, this is HAPPY thread
so Happy Purim everyone!!!

Purim history

More Purim history

russian blue

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have never heard of that holiday before, so thanks for sharing part of your culture Anne! I love learning new things about other cultures!

Happy Purim!

I have to admit that when I first saw the thread, I thought this was a new holiday for cats! You know, happy purrrim! Silly me!

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The history behind the holiday was quite interesting. This is one I had never heard of before either. Hoping that your holiday is not marred by world events. Does Ron have his little survival oufit yet?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally posted by Russian Blue
I have to admit that when I first saw the thread, I thought this was a new holiday for cats! You know, happy purrrim! Silly me!
Happy Purrrrim! I like that

Ron has his protection kit - hopefully we'll never use it. We don't plan on making him wear this thing unless we hear a scud explode very near us (highly unlikely). In the first Gulf war my sister was 5 years old. She was terrified by her gas mask and wouldn't wear it. We were all terrified at the first missile attack and my parents tried to force her to wear it
she stills remembers the trauma of that night... I won't put Ron through that unless it's absolutely necessary.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I want to know if he has a costume you WILL be dressing him up in today? If so, please post pictures!

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Happy Purim AND Purrrrim! We let the cats celebrate other holidays, why not his one?

dtolle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Happy Purim, Anne!

I'm so glad Ron has his gas kit now, I feel so much better! I know the impending war must be so scary for all of you, and even though we've all said it before it can't hurt to say it again:
You are all in our hearts and prayers, and I hope that nothing is aimed at Israel. I hope you are all safe and sound there!