Happy Memorial Day!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Anybody doing a picnic or anything? Any parades? We don't have any local parades here.

We're going over to my sister's for an early dinner this afternoon. My niece and nephew-in-law came up with little Vinny and we're going to spend some time together before they go back home. I'm not sure what all my sister is making; she was talking about getting some steaks for the grill. I'm supposed to make Crock Pot Beans, which I will start around 7:30 or so this morning. I already made some Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunkers (such a good cookie!), a Lemon Ice Box Pie (from Cook's Country magazine), and a Frozen Peanut Butter Pie for our desserts. I threw together some fresh mint tea, too. 

After we get back home, I need to work in the garden a bit tonight. And then it's back to the old grind tomorrow!

(Still didn't get the pool opened....there aren't enough hours in a day) 

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
We went to a cookout yesterday. My friend always has a birthday party for one of her sons on Memorial Day weekend. I've already been to the cemetery to bring the pot of flowers to my father's grave. Today will be yard work. Between not feeling well and all the rain this week, we're quite behind.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Happy Memorial day!

A bit thank you to the veterans we have here on TCS!  I know there are a few of you; I won't call you by name so I don't miss anyone! 
  You are very much appreciated.

We are having a quiet day here.  DH is mowing the lawn and wants to go for a walk on some trails later.  I'm not feeling 100% today so we'll see.  Maybe he can take DD on his own.  We have burgers and hotdogs to grill for dinner.  Yummy!

luvmy4

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am going to the family gather on the lake. Too bad its rainy and cold here. lol. It was 85F three days ago and now its 55F. Oh well, at least I get to see my family.

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
just sitting at home with my husband doing nothing today. Thinking about my dad who died 1995 and served in the Armed Forces Love you dad.

kookycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Went to the gym this morning for 45 minutes, then Walmart (and it was crowded there). Relaxing at home rest of the day trying to "think cool' until tomorrow when our A/C will hopefully be repaired. Can't think of anything hot so we're having a big salad for dinner tonight. We both love salads!

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Went to the gym this morning for 45 minutes, then Walmart (and it was crowded there). Relaxing at home rest of the day trying to "think cool' until tomorrow when our A/C will hopefully be repaired. Can't think of anything hot so we're having a big salad for dinner tonight. We both love salads!
can't live without the A/C for sure. But now that we moved we won't have A/C downstairs only in the bedroom.