Happy Gotcha Day Claire!

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by eilcon

Thanks for sharing in our special day, everybody!
Did I mention how much I love my angel girl?
She has a very sweet face. So does Peter, actually. I think you said that they are littermates? How did you come by both of them?

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Satai

She has a very sweet face. So does Peter, actually. I think you said that they are littermates? How did you come by both of them?
Being very naughty... but I so want to hear their story, if it's for telling...

... so BUMP.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Satai

Being very naughty... but I so want to hear their story, if it's for telling...

... so BUMP.
Sorry I didn't catch this sooner!
And, thanks for saying they look sweet - they really are.

Since you asked:

Peter and Claire are from a litter of seven feral kittens trapped with their mama in a local neighborhood just a little over two years ago. I had just started volunteering with a TNR group at the time and my first task was to help socialize them. Peter was the most scared and timid of the bunch. By Xmas, all but he and Claire had been adopted. They went to a home together during the holidays, but were returned a couple of weeks later. The family claimed that Peter was vicious and that all Claire did was hide.

I adopted Peter a few weeks later, having totally fallen in love with him. He was still very timid at the time and didn't have a vicious bone in his body. Claire went to a home a couple of months later, but was returned when the family moved. She was then adopted by a priest that I worked with, who just absolutely adored her. Unfortunately, he passed away unexpectedly less than six months later. I had agreed to be sure Claire was taken care of if anything ever happened to him so, with the enouragement of everyone at TCS, I adopted her and she and her brother were happily reunited!

And, there you have it!

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for sharing! That is a really sweet story. It's hard to image poor Peter being labelled vicious - all of your stories about him are about how timid he is!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That is such a beautiful way both Peter and Claire came to be with you. Peter just needed someone who understood and cares for him .....thats so sweet that you fell in love with him to keep him forever because obviously you are the one who understands him!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Happy Gotcha Day, Sweet Claire! You really are a lovely little girl, and a lucky little girl, too, to have found your Mum.