Happy Black Cat Appreciation Day!

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Nightfury was a little black ball of fluff found in a box with his brother. Unresponsive when the box was picked up and his mouth had to be forced open for a syringe of water. Somehow he made it through the night,

Due to inappropriate suckling him and his brother were separated. Nightfury stayed right by my Mom's side every day as she cared for him. When it was time to re-home him, he didn't leave. Instead he became a part of our family. My Mom has said more than once that she never would have considered adopting a black cat but he has become her little shadow.

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My sweet Stellar boy! He came to me a skinny one year old in June 2013. He lived outside with my 2 other feral boys until December 26, 2017 when I brought them all inside for our move. He is now loving life as an indoor only boy!

First image: Stellar when he first found me
Second image: Stellar when he was living outside fully grown
Third image: Stellar in July 2018, living inside!

IMG_1046.JPG

IMG_1595.JPG
IMG_7124.JPG

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My sweet Stellar boy! He came to me a skinny one year old in June 2013. He lived outside with my 2 other feral boys until December 26, 2017 when I brought them all inside for our move. He is now loving life as an indoor only boy!

First image: Stellar when he first found me
Second image: Stellar when he was living outside fully grown
Third image: Stellar in July 2018, living inside!

View attachment 248089

View attachment 248090 View attachment 248091
shadowsrescue shadowsrescue - "Stellar," is the perfect name; Black Friday says so!

threeblack.jpg

betsygee betsygee - Black Friday, Clawed-Ya and Oz send their regards to Zoe!

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy appreciation day to all the black cats and kittens out there! I've always had a huge soft spot for black cats. If I ever get another cat, it would definitely be black or tabby. Black cats are so beautiful and under appreciated. It's sad that even in this day and age some people still believe in the black cat and unluckiness myth.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Black cat appreciation day? That's every day in our house.

thumbnail_IMG_0533.jpg

Lilith AKA The Queen. She's a true diva. She runs the house and everyone knows it.

thumbnail_55623723441__42D1C24F-6FEE-4F9F-A130-78EE863EAAA7.jpg

Sophie AKA Sophiesaurus. Our little tomboy. She lives up to her nickname when she has a bout of the zoomies. It's a high speed tour of destruction.

MeganLLB

Accidental Ailurophile
Top Cat
Purraise
20170827_110010-01.jpeg 20170830_124818.jpg
Luna. She's so underappreciated in my family. Everyone likes Artemis better because he's a bit more outgoing but Luna is so sweet if you just take the time to get to know her. She loves to have her cheeks rubbed and chin scratched. She sits next to me all the time and sleeps with me at night. She never bites or scratches or is ever mean. She's very sweet.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
View attachment 248350 View attachment 248351
Luna. She's so underappreciated in my family. Everyone likes Artemis better because he's a bit more outgoing but Luna is so sweet if you just take the time to get to know her. She loves to have her cheeks rubbed and chin scratched. She sits next to me all the time and sleeps with me at night. She never bites or scratches or is ever mean. She's very sweet.
Sophie understands being unappreciated. Not by me of course but the woman at the shelter. I had gone there to meet Lilith and Sophie was in the room. She was hiding under a chair. The woman gave her a dismissive wave and told me I could ignore her because she was unfriendly. :nono:

Luna is lovely. I would happily give her some pets and scritches. :cloud9: