Happy 1st Gotcha Day, Ferris! A pictoral retrospective.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh WOW look at that gorgeous tail on that gorgeous boy!

Happy Gotcha Day, Ferris!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is there an official prize somewhere for the fluffiest tail on a moggie? I just KNOW Ferris would take first place!

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

Is there an official prize somewhere for the fluffiest tail on a moggie? I just KNOW Ferris would take first place!
Does it have a kink at the top? Scratch's does and it's the cutest thing in the whole wide world.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

Does it have a kink at the top? Scratch's does and it's the cutest thing in the whole wide world.
Nope, as Ferris prances forward, his magnificent tail tip points straight as an arrow up into the sky, with a cascade of orange creamsicle frizzy fluff flowing out into every direction, forming a fabulous, floofy flag of fur, waving oh, SO proudly in his wake.

SIGH....

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy Gotcha-day Ferris!!

That is one fabulous tail, but it's no competition for that sweet face

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by JellyBella

Happy Gotcha-day Ferris!!

That is one fabulous tail, but it's no competition for that sweet face
It was his face that caused me to fall in love with him.

I knew I wanted an orange boy, and had visited the local shelter where I got Ginger several times, and ALMOST adopted a silver striped and spotted DSH boy who LOVED tummy rubs, but he wasn't the orange boy I was looking for. I left him in another admirer's arms and forced myself to walk out of the shelter that day, then a couple of days later ran across Ferris' sweet little mug on Petfinder.

It was love at first site, and TCS vibes ensured that this boy was MINE. I didn't care that he was a feral rescue - it was HIM that I needed to have in my life.

A year ago this weekend I sat in the kitchen with my back to a very scared little furball, and spent three days hanging out in there talking to myself - and to him. I got a lot of paperwork sorting done over that weekend, carrying a running monologue the entire time.

It wasn't easy getting him to trust me, it took time and lots of patience and understanding on my part, but once he learned that I was not only safe, but a refuge, he blossomed into a loving little guy with a disposition as sweet as his babyface is.

I'm a very lucky human.