Happily Ever After Chance for Wink the Soon-to-be One-eyed Kitten

theyadoptme

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey there everyone! I'm coming to y'all today hopeful that you all can help us help a precious little kitten. We found her recently with an injured eye that will need to be surgically removed. As you can imagine, this is an expensive procedure... we created a crowdfunding site to help raise funds for her surgery. If at all possible, please find it in your hearts to share and donate.

https://www.youcaring.com/medical-f...-wink-a-chance-at-a-happily-ever-after/317681

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Mod Note:

To all members, a reminder that it is YOUR responsibility to check out these solicitors to the best of your ability. Ask for references, phone numbers, call around the area and find out if this is a legitimate cause or a scam. TheCatSite.com does not stand behind any solicitation of funds for any reason that appear in the forums unless explicitly authorized. Be very careful before you send any money: no matter how effective the plea is, check it out first before opening your wallet. For more information, see http://www.thecatsite.com/t/69654/pleas-for-money

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

theyadoptme

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I realized after posting this that similar threads included all the information on the situation, rather than just a brief description and including the link. Lazy on my part, and I apologize. Here's Wink's story...

My wife and I recently took to feeding and caring for the neighborhood's feral cats since the start of the cold, winter months. We've had a few of the strays adopt us, so to speak, and of these is a kitten we named Wink. I heard a kitten's cries one afternoon while I was feeding the strays and  found her high up in a tree. It took some time to get her down, and I could immediately tell something was wrong because she seemed a little off balance, unsure of her footing coming down the tree and obviously emaciated. I could see there was a lot of gunk on one of her eyes that she would hold shut. She was clearly in pain and scared as she would just cry and cry- even while eating, she would cry.

When I was finally able to hold her, I cleaned her eye as best as I could and was heartbroken when I saw what was beneath the gunk. Her eye is discolored, misshapen and clearly painful. We don't know if she was born that way or if it's possibly the result of some sort of trauma, but what we do know now after talking with the vets is that her eye needs to be removed. Making matters worse, after speaking with a vet to determine the best course of action, there was an accident. A new stray cat came to lunch and swatted at Wink, hitting her right in the injured eye, causing it to bleed.

Poor girl is such a sweetheart, but you can tell she is in pain and doesn't have that zest for life almost all kittens do. We're hopeful we can restore that zest in Wink with the medical attention she needs and the love she deserves. After a few days of being fed and given water regularly, being kept warm and loved on, she is starting to seem hopeful herself, rather than the emotionally broken kitten she was when we found her.

We spoke to numerous vets and found that her surgical expenses are going to total about $700! Might not be a lot for some, but for us, that's huge. Still, we know we cannot leave her in her current state, so we created a fundraiser on a crowdfunding website to help raise the required funds. The site is completely secure and reputable, and with the funds raised, we will be able to get Wink the medical attention she needs. It will cover her pre-op visit, the surgery, anesthesia, pain medication and follow-up.

We will be posting updates on the fundraiser site as to Wink's progress, and current pictures are posted at this time showing her having gained a little weight and having the energy to walk around the yard in the sun. We understand it's important to know your money is being used in the manner you intended, and we'd love to keep you all up-to-date with how she's doing and post videos of her once she has the zest we're so looking forward to seeing in her return.

Thank you for your time in reading Wink's story, and if possible, please share her story and donate if you can. Every dollar helps tremendously.

catpack

TCS Veteran
Kitten
Purraise
@TheyAdoptMe, you are likely to get more response/donations if you post vet contact information to validate that this is what they money will be used for. Also, if the vet itself will accept donation to an account setup for Wink.

Good luck and thank you for caring for that sweet baby!

theyadoptme

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey CatPack, I really appreciate that advice! I'm going to get in contact with the vet right away and see about them setting up an account for her.

Thank you!

theyadoptme

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Wink is doing even better today. She's becoming a little more trusting and playful, and we're getting closer to the big day! So looking forward to her being able to put it behind her and move forward.

$75 raised so far to make this happen! If you can, please share her story.