Hangover Vs Fatigue

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went out last night, and did not drink any alcohol. BUT today I felt hungover, like I used to when I had a few too many (not consistently, just parties and such). Headache, tummy upset, gastric issues, reflux, fatigue... The only difference than any other night? I did not get to bed at my usual time and had a restless sleep because of it.
If a hangover is supposed to happen due to dehydration from drinking alcohol, why would my symptoms be the exact same thing without drinking? I guess if I feel the same way with or without it, I may as well start boozing it up and letting loose!!;)
So what are your thoughts on how much alcohol consumption has on hangover symptoms vs just the lack of sleep from going out on the town? Anyone else have the same symptoms, or am I just REALLY dependent on sleep?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope, no caffeine! You know when you get a "second wind" after being up past bed time? Well, I wasn't able to come down till 1:30 am (sleeping by maybe 2 but not well), but of course as a creature of habit, I was still up at 6:30 am.
I think I'm just getting too old to go out!

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The sad thing is, we have to go out again tonight. I should already be in bed at the moment, but we are leaving in about 20 minutes, and won't get home till probably well after midnight and who knows when I'll get to sleep. Tomorrow is going to suck the big one!:(

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I here you there, also very introverted. I guess get drunk on people, they are toxic!;)

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't drink so I've never been drunk, but I have been sleep-deprived many times, and I definitely act a lot different and then feel weird the next day. Also when I'm really tired and I'm yawning a lot, my nose runs. :dunno: I have no idea why that happens, but it always does.

I can definitely see a fatigue "hangover" feeling similar to an actual hangover. I don't know what exactly alcohol does to the system, but it would make sense that disorienting your body with alcohol or less sleep would result in feeling off.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't drink (more than one anyway), so I don't know what a hangover feels like. But if I don't drink enough water one day, the next day I feel like you describe. And since a hangover is just aggravated dehydration, I guess that makes sense. So maybe try to drink more water this time and see if that helps at all.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I need to go to bed! If I dont sleep regular hours,get up and go to bed same time, then I do feel hungover. Never had a drink in my life

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I need to go to bed! If I dont sleep regular hours,get up and go to bed same time, then I do feel hungover.
:yeah: Even more so as we get older ... `:sigh:

~ Personally when I go out to socialize I want to enjoy my environment, the people I am with and feel good about it. I stay sober and keep away from anyone who has to use a drug to "relax". I find that no good ever comes from leaving sobriety .

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Also when I'm really tired and I'm yawning a lot, my nose runs. :dunno: I have no idea why that happens, but it always does.
HA! I'm the same! When I yawn, brush my teeth, laugh, cry...pretty much anything that has to do with straining my face muscles, I leak from everywhere...eyes, nose, mouth, even my ears will pop sometimes.:p
Has it ever happened to you that if you yawn or go to bite something and saliva squirts out from under your tongue? I can do that on command by flexing my tongue muscles along my lower jaw. Not exactly a useful skill, but whatever...I'm a hot mess. :rolleyes2: I think it's a combination of the fact that I have mild chronic allergies (nothing that requires medications or anything), but I also clench my jaw and have TMJ. The muscles of my face are quite overdeveloped, so any time I use them, where the muscles flex harder or are stretched out, it puts pressure on the glands and sinuses causing things to come out. At least that's the answer I'm giving it. It's better than just accepting that I'm screwed up in some way! :runaround: LOL.:lol:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Has it ever happened to you that if you yawn or go to bite something and saliva squirts out from under your tongue? I can do that on command by flexing my tongue muscles along my lower jaw.
I can do that too! I thought it was normal. . .I wonder what percentage of people can do it on command.