Handicapped but happy kitty

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've read through all 660 of the comments on the video. The owner says she wanted to show people how happy such a cat can be. She apparently found it on the street and took it to the vet, thinking it had been hit by a car and was in pain. The vet assured her the cat was in no pain, and that it could lead a fairly normal life if she kept it inside and took good care of it. I'd say she's done that.

I did find it interesting that the viewers of the video who commented seemed to have a similar split to those here; many fell in love with the cat and realized it was happy and healthy and well-taken-care-of and loved and saw the video for a vindication of its triumph over its handicap. Others thought the owner was cruel and insensitive. Of course, many took the title seriously and didn't read the intro beside the video.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by xLaydeexTaniax

i agree!
yeh, the kitty's very cute! why on earth is the person, making fun of a handicap kitty? that's heartless!
I just don't see it. I don't see where she's making fun of her kitty. I just see her playing with her kitty.

Laurie

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

I just don't see it. I don't see where she's making fun of her kitty. I just see her playing with her kitty.

Laurie
sorry, i meant "My Drunken Cat". that's what annoyed me. the actual video itself, is nice.

menasmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LSULOVER

That is a pretty kitty, but I don't think the poster should have called it a drunken kitty, that was sad to me.
I agree. Clearly, there are people (I mean IDIOTS) that posted "drunken kitties" on YouTube and those videos should be taken off.
By the way, are you sure you don't mean BestFriends Animal Sanctuary in Utah, not Arizona?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You're right. It's actually just barely in Utah, and I always forget about that.

Michael Mountain, the founder, wrote a book about the shelter and even mentioned my name! Hey, it's not much, but....

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've seen that video before and while it is heart-breaking to see the kitty's handi-cap in all it's glory, it is also very heart-warming that she is so happy and loved, and doesn't seem to mind a bit that she staggers around like a "drunken kitty". If there is ever an end to my supply of leukemia cats, I have always thought about taking in CH cats

menasmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

You're right. It's actually just barely in Utah, and I always forget about that.

Michael Mountain, the founder, wrote a book about the shelter and even mentioned my name! Hey, it's not much, but....
They are a bunch of wonderful people over there. I've often thought about taking a week's vacation and volunteering there. Would've been easier when I still lived in Nevada, but it's still just a plane ride away. I hear they took in alot of Michael Vick's pit bulls, and are getting them ready to be adopted.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

Very cool! Funny - I haven't been given the book yet by anybody and didn't know there was one out there.

They an amazing organization. They are one of only 2 national feral and stray cat advocates, though they do much more and work with many animals other than cats. Alley Cat Allies (http://www.alleycat.org) is the other national feral cat org.

If anyone not familiar with Best Friends and their No More Homeless Pets Campaign wants to check it out, here's a link: http://www.bestfriends.org/

Laurie

menasmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

Very cool! Funny - I haven't been given the book yet by anybody and didn't know there was one out there.

They an amazing organization. They are one of only 2 national feral and stray cat advocates, though they do much more and work with many animals other than cats. Alley Cat Allies (http://www.alleycat.org) is the other national feral cat org.

If anyone not familiar with Best Friends and their No More Homeless Pets Campaign wants to check it out, here's a link: http://www.bestfriends.org/

Laurie
Yeah, and Alley Cat Allies had ALOT to do with saving those feral cat colonies in Chantilly, VA and Randolph, IA. I'm on their e-mail list and was able to sign their petitions for the TNR program. Great people.