Ham or turkey

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will eat either ham or turkey. The cheese any kind but colby is a favorite of time. The sandwich will be on 100% whole grain bread, a little lettuce, some mayo and horseradish mustard too.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tavia'smom

And what kind of cheese would you put on your sandwich if you was wanting cheese. I love swiss and love provolone (sp?) I love american cheese but I use it more for hamburgers and in my eggs when making scrambled eggs. And on my ham sandwiches if I have sour cream and onion pringles I will put a couple of chips on my sandwich and its so good. I know I am weird.
Thanks to this thread - I made a turkey sandwich for lunch!

I usually use shredded cheddar cheese on mine, put it in the sandwhich maker, and ta da! Yummy lunch

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nothing like a thick ham and cheese sandwich.......although a turkey breast sandwich, (straight from the bird) with mayo is hard to beat!

anakat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Felicia's Mom

Ham over turkey, I like both of them though.

I don't have a favorite between wheat and white bread; Rye is my favorite bread.

I would probably not eat a sandwich- just the meat. The only sandwich I really love is a Reuben.
A lot of the things mentioned in these food threads I have never heard of (things are different this side of the pond) What is a Reuben?

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Anakat

A lot of the things mentioned in these food threads I have never heard of (things are different this side of the pond) What is a Reuben?
It's rye bread, corned beef, thousand island dressing, sauerkraut and swiss cheese.

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I prefer turkey, mostly for the taste, but also because I'm just not a big fan of pork at all.

anakat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Arlyn

It's rye bread, corned beef, thousand island dressing, sauerkraut and swiss cheese.
Thanks, but I don't think I'll try it.

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I LOVE turkey. It's pretty much the only meat I eat. I buy extra lean ground turkey and fillets(SP??) and I love turkey chili.

I do not like ham because it is so fatty.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I really enjoy turkey hot -- the original meal with all the trimmings, or any of the usual leftover treatments. Cold in a sandwich kinda leaves me -- cold. I can eat it, especially with cranberry and stuffing and a little mayo, but don't get excited about it.

Ham, now...ham I can eat pretty much any way you want to give it to me, every day of the week. The best sandwich is with ham sliced thin, piled thick, on any good multi-grain or rye bread, with a little mayo, a little Dijon mustard, a leaf of lettuce, and thin slices of Swiss or Jarlsberg cheese. I just finished dinner and I'm hungry all over again.

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love both ham and turkey but I eat more turkey than I do ham. I'm pretty happy with a nice turkey or ham and swiss sandwich on any type of bread with some lettuce, mayo and tomato. Guess I'm just really simple when it comes to food.

I also like to have a pickle or two and some chips with my sandwich. My favorite would be nacho cheese chips with some jalapeno and chedder dip.

A favorite snack of mine is to eat pepperoni and blue cheese on crackers. I loooove a good blue cheese.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I usually buy a little honey ham and oven roasted turkey at the deli counter at the grocery. I make sandwiches with both and sharp chedder on a soft honey wheat bread.