Halloween!!

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My list of Halloween movies this year is:

Rosemary's Baby
The Evil Dead Trilogy
Shaun Of The Dead (one of my all time favorite movies)
Night Of The Living Dead
Dawn/Day/Land/Diary Of The Dead
Halloween
Cat People
A Nightmare On Elm Street
Paranormal Activity
The Grudge
The Ring/Ringu
Rocky Horror Picture Show
The Cabinet Of Dr. Caligari
Jason X (if I'm looking for some laughs)
Troll 2 (if I want to die laughing
(it's perhaps the worst movie ever made))

Obviously I won't be able to watch all of these so this is just a list of possibles. However, Shaun Of The Dead is a definite must.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How about "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow" with Johnny Depp? Of course, I like just about anything with him in it. I have a bunch of Dracula/vampire movies I'll probably dig into Sunday cause I doubt we're going out and no kids around us for trick or treating. I was thinking it would be pretty cool to take a walk in the woods around us after dark...but I would probably freak out
. Or get eaten by a bear or something.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ruthyb

Oh no, vibes that your job is safe and have a happy halloween, I will for my kids, they're on a promise
xx
Thank you! I appreciate all the kind comments and vibes. At any rate, I've decided to try to enjoy the holiday--I so look forward to Halloween each year. I think I'll go up into the attic tomorrow, and get down more decorations, and then go shopping for the feast food for Sunday night.

We always go a party (for adults only) at a historic inn nearby. I love it. the tiny town is so charming (dates from the 18th C.), and you can safely walk the streets at night, too, during the party.

I finished my silk 18th C. gown for an event there last Saturday, but the hem shredded a bit, so I need to fix that before Saturday night. Then, I'll probably pull out the 1870's gown I wore a few years ago, to wear Sunday night for the trick or treaters. Oh, I almost forgot--must get the severed heads for Sunday night...
No, we haven't taken up serial killing. The "heads" are the realistic, rubber heads hairdressers practice with; when they get too shorn, they trash them. DH was delivering a new batch once, and the owner asked him if he could use the old heads. He brought them home, and I thought, "Halloween!!!" We didn't get a guillotine built this year, but the old log chopping block, complete with "blood" (cheap ketchup, bought in bulk at a warehouse club) and the axe will do the trick again this year! Everyone loved it last year--even the adults--people were lining up in the street to get up our driveway, when the word got around!

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We aren't huge Halloween celebrators. Other than taking our son trick or treating (his last year, HALLELUJAH!!!!!) we don't do anything. We've only gone to two Halloween parties in the 13 years we've been together. Even then, only I dressed up.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

malakai711

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hope, I think I'm gonna add The Legend of Sleepy Hollow to my list!

I already watched Hocus Pocus last night because I couldnt wait LOL and It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown was on TV so I watched that too... I guess I'm gonna just terrify myself all weekend LOL

vampcow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm going to a Halloween party on Sat. and Sunday DH is working during the day and maybe night so I am going to curl up in front of the tv and see if I can work up the nerve to get through Session 9.

BUT I am looking to get my FAVORITE Halloween cartoon...Garfields Halloween.

so will watch that AFTER I get through session 9.

zohdee

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TigerOnTheProwl

My list of Halloween movies this year is:

Rosemary's Baby
The Evil Dead Trilogy
Shaun Of The Dead (one of my all time favorite movies)
Night Of The Living Dead
Dawn/Day/Land/Diary Of The Dead
Halloween
Cat People
A Nightmare On Elm Street
Paranormal Activity
The Grudge
The Ring/Ringu
Rocky Horror Picture Show
The Cabinet Of Dr. Caligari
Jason X (if I'm looking for some laughs)
Troll 2 (if I want to die laughing
(it's perhaps the worst movie ever made))

Obviously I won't be able to watch all of these so this is just a list of possibles. However, Shaun Of The Dead is a definite must.
Great list. May I suggest Ju-On instead of The Grudge? The Grudge was a remake of one of the spookiest Japanese movies I have seen. Also, I liked Ringu much better...Sadako scared the poop out of me.

I think I will watch The Changeling. One of the best ghost movies I have ever seen.

I watch alot of horror movies...some most of you don't even want to see.

northernglow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by capt_jordi

Ran out of time and didnt get to make my My Little Pony one
Oh well!
Ooooh!! If you ever make one you so need to show pics!!
(I'm a pony collector).

I was planning to go out with friends tonight, but I'm too sick.
New try tomorrow when we are going to see few gigs. Not 'halloweeny' but has to settle for that because no one is throwing a party which is a pity 'coz I like halloween parties.

I would add to the movie list 'From Hell' (has Johnny Depp in it..
), The Crow, Hellraiser and if you like kids' movies, The Addams Family.

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by zohdee

Great list. May I suggest Ju-On instead of The Grudge? The Grudge was a remake of one of the spookiest Japanese movies I have seen. Also, I liked Ringu much better...Sadako scared the poop out of me.

I think I will watch The Changeling. One of the best ghost movies I have ever seen.

I watch alot of horror movies...some most of you don't even want to see.
Thanks. I was trying to think of the Japanese original version of the Grudge but I couldn't think of the name.

Another few I might watch are Vampire Girl VS. Frankenstein Girl
and maybe if I'm feeling a little adventurous, Begotten, which is one of the sickest movies I've ever seen but also a very incredible movie. It's one of those movies that after you see it once, you never want to see it again. But I haven't seen it for quite a while so I only remember bits and pieces (which may prove to be a good thing
).