Half bengals?

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A lot of people call their tabby cats "Bengals" :/. If you wanted to know if one parent was actually a Bengal you'd want to see their registration papers. Personally I wouldn't want to encourage anyone who's irresponsible enough to let their purebred mate with a random cat, but if they've done all the proper vet work (vaccines, de-worming, spay/neuter, etc.) that's not a bad price (well, $100 isn't. . .$500 is a bit steep unless spay/neuter is really expensive in your area).

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

kestria

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They haven't had any shots or anything...

The "bengal" is the adult in the 2nd picture. Does he look like a bengal? I'm not too sure, but he looks more like a normal spotted tabby to me.

Last edited:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Like I said, tons of people call their tabby cats Bengals. It's like the most common breed for people to say, except maybe for those who call their pointed cat a Siamese. I think that cat looks like a regular tabby, too.

I certainly would never give money to anyone who isn't following responsible breeding practices, no matter what they're breeding.

zoo15

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
umm well i'm sure mine is a bengle 

the vet took a DNA test!

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There aren't any breed DNA tests for cats. I guess there is one that can tell what part of the planet your cat's ancestors came from, but no breed test like for dogs (and the ones for dogs are notoriously unreliable anyway). Do you know what product your vet used? I'm curious.