Hairball Headache!

jamiek53

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone!

I'm new to this site, but have found comfort in your stories. My cat Oscar has had trouble with hair balls since he was younger, but has gotten worse since we got our second cat. Oscar is the master groomer so he ingests alot of hair. He's been on laxatone but has not taken it as willingly as he has before. The last 2 nights he has thrown up his food. This is the first time he has done that and it is only when we lay down for bed at around 1030-11. I gave him some butter tonight seeing how it is late, but i was also offered some advice I am going to try. A vet had recommended giving a small out of Krill Oil. Krill is a fish/shrimp looking animal, its actually what gray whales eat. It is supposed to be really good for humans and for animals. Since my sister is a marine biologist i have krill oil readily available. After a few rounds of it I will let everyone know how it works!

I'm also open to any other remedies anyone else has tried and worked! He was at the vet last week and had no problems with a hairball blockage. And eats, drinks, plays, and goes to the bathroom regularly. He just cant seem to get this one up!