Hair salon rant

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feel so blessed that I have a stylist for a neighbor and get my professional cut, color and style regularly and free.
She has a shop attached to her home and going over there is great, Saturday morning neighborhood gossip sessions

Sorry you had such a bad experience.
A similar experience kept me out of salons completely.

ladygananoque

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That is awful! This is the reason why i cut my own hair. Iv been hearing a lot of people complaining about hair salons lately.

threecatowner

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It's all about word of mouth, and I believe, like everyone else here: she's not gonna be cutting hair for long.

I took my 12 year old son to a chain last summer - his hair was out of control (he agreed) and needed styled in some way. I was trying to explain to "Miss Friendly" the goth stylist, and got absolutely NO response while I spoke to her. I hate when people do that. So I just rambled on, still with her giving me no response except that "look". I gave up and went and sat with my daughter and waited. I noticed she was talking to my kid a good bit.

When all was done, he called me over, I complimented him on the style (still NO response from Miss Friendly), I paid and left. That was when he told me she'd been bad-mouthing me - to him. Being 12, I don't believe he did a lot of taking up for me. I was so pissed I wanted to go back in there. But I didn't.

WHY do some people in the service industry have to act like this?

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
if it were me, i'd send everyone in my email reach an email detailing the situation and naming the salon & the stylist. but i'm a bit on the confrontational side when i get my dander up!

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by threecatowner

...I took my 12 year old son to a chain last summer - his hair was out of control (he agreed) and needed styled in some way. I was trying to explain to "Miss Friendly" the goth stylist, and got absolutely NO response while I spoke to her. I hate when people do that. So I just rambled on, still with her giving me no response except that "look". I gave up and went and sat with my daughter and waited. I noticed she was talking to my kid a good bit.

When all was done, he called me over, I complimented him on the style (still NO response from Miss Friendly), I paid and left. That was when he told me she'd been bad-mouthing me - to him. Being 12, I don't believe he did a lot of taking up for me. I was so pissed I wanted to go back in there. But I didn't.
Wow! I would have gone back in there and demanded my money back. I would have made a scene, probably, too, not that I like confrontation particularly, but the stylist crossed a BIG line, and deserved to be told off, IMO!

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I worked in one of J-ville's only upscale salons for 2 years. I did free back, neck and arm massages for all of them constantly, and really didn't mind. Some of them would do the occasional manicure, pedicure, or whatever hair service I needed for free. There was one that thought she was God's gift to the place. The last time I went there before I quit for another job, she shampooed and cut my hair, and left it wet, went ballistic when I asked her to dry it. She waved the blowdryer over it a few times, no style. I did not expect to get this done for free since I had made an appointment, she charged my credit card $35, more that a regular customer would pay. I had given her a free full body massage the week before. I didn't make a fuss since I worked there. She got fired eventually for being snotty to the customers.
Now she has a shop close to the gate of Camp Lejeune, and is trying to make a living off Sunday haircuts that all the thousands of Marines are required to get. She contacted me through a mutual friend and asked if I would bring them to her, since they usually ask just to be taken to a barbershop, does not matter which one. She could not even be bothered to pick up the phone to call me herself. I called her and told her not only would I not bring her any Marines for her to mistreat, I would put out a company wide request that others not bring her any either. Karma is a wonderful thing.