Hair question

samantha1979

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by trixie23

Red is the hardest color to keep yet it is the hardest color to remove.
I am a redhead out of a bottle. I totally agree with this statement. I hate that I cannot keep my hair looking like Marcia Cross', or Kate Walsh's.

I love their hair color

I was meant to be born with red hair, I am sure!! But instead it is naturally dark brown. I color it regularly myself. I was told by a hair colorist that to keep it from getting too light when coloring to use 10 volume lift.? Gets a pretty color...for a while....then it fades again.

Do you think Marcia Cross and Kate Walsh's hair is naturally that color??

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can send me pm's if you have questions! I think Marcia Cross is a red head, if not she has a great stylist that gives her a natural looking effect! As for the clarol product I will check out the ingredients on the net tomorrow and get back to you
As for conditioner... It is not needed at the scalp so much as it is in the cold strand and at the ends (cold strand is the mid length between the scalp and ends)! What conditioner are you using... Some conditioners can weigh hair down, I try to avoid using it at the scalp... Especially since I have very fine hair!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks, GoldenKitty! That makes perfect sense... and come to think of it, I guess I really don't need to detangle the roots, at least not if I brush it well before washing and don't scrub too wildly!

The conditioners I've been using: there's a really nice cream that comes with the Hydrience hair color, and I try to make that last awhile after each coloring... and when that runs out, I've got --

Well, I just had to go look at the bottle, that shows you how much thought I've put into this!
It's something my mom bought: Pantene Hydrating Curls in the giant economy you-better-like-it-'cause-you're-never-going-to-run-out-of-it size.
And you've already said that Pantene is waxy! So no wonder I've got trouble with my fine, flat hair...