hair loss???

efterpi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ok I am new with cats this is my first time having a cat and I kniw that they shed a lot but my cat seems to lose hair way too much and especially on her back. My husband pulled some hair and now there is a small bald spot in her shoulderblade. Plus we noticed that her hair on her back fall a lot even if you pull them gently. Is this something to worry about? Or is it shedding season. I have the cat for only 3 days. Cpuld it be stress?

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
There are a number of reasons a cat might be shedding excessively. The two that come to mind first are stress and diet.

Your kitty is bound to be stressed by moving to a strange place with new people around, and there may be other stressors that you haven't even considered. I have one cat whose hair practically flies off of her whenever I take her to the vet while it doesn't seem to bother the others at all.

A high-quality diet should improve kitty's coat, depending on what she was eating before. What was she fed before you got her, and what are you feeding her now? It works best if you can continue with the same food to start and gradually change over to a new food. A sudden change in diet can cause problems.

Has she been checked out by a vet? It's a good idea to take any new cat to your vet, even if she's been under a vet's care already. That way you get a baseline for comparison and you establish a relationship with the vet.

What is your kitty's name?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

efterpi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well I thought about the stress myself and I see that its been a week.and she startig.to calm.down a bit and does the shedding. I give her the same food the guys.over at the
shelter gave her. Purina pro plan. But I.will change it to natures variety instinct so it will be the same one as of my.ferrets. his name is dedalus. He is really really cute.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
What a cutie! What's her name? Keep us updated on her progress.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

efterpi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
His name is dedalus. So its been two weeks.since we got him and he doesn't shed that much sp I think it was because of stress. He is doing great.