Hair Keeps Getting Caught In Glasses!

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
I've been blaming my thyroid condition for losing hair at my temple.. (it's always the left side!) then I realize that my glasses are pulling strands of my hair when I take them off! the hinges pinches the hair. I try to remember to open the hinges before taking the glasses off, but it doesn't always work.

Anyone have any tips or tricks to stop this? It's driving me nuts now, lol.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Perhaps get to the optician and have the glasses adjusted? I used to have a pair of glasses which did the same thing. I think the hinge was not aligned correctly ~~ it was just off a tiny bit.

I have bangs..

On another subject; not to hijack the thread, but.............

I knew I really needed a haircut because the other day, it was so blustery out, that my hair got caught in the door jam of my car when I was entering it!! My hair blew up as I was shutting the door!! OUCH! :angrywoman:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
ouch on the hair in door jamb! Happened to me too, was NOT fun! Hope you weren't hurt!

These glasses I got from online (I use them at work to reduce computer glare, without it I get migraines)

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I only solved the pinching hair by getting new glasses (when it was time). I eventually got in the habit of being careful taking them off but I'd still rip one out here and there. It probably helped that I wear my glasses constantly. My current frames catch on the front if I'm not careful taking a shirt off.

(I've done the catching hair in the car door thing many times. :lol: :cringe:)

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I can't help with the glasses (I'm just as bad at times with mine :rolleyes:), but @sj_support posted a link to f.lux in another thread. It's a free app to help reduce compute glare. It took me a little while to get used to (maybe 30 mins) but it really makes a difference ;)