Hair Help Asap

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I naturally have dark hair, wanted to go blonde once, bought peroxide and put a plastic bag over my head, with in a few minutes i felt my head burning and the plastic bag was so hot it felt like it was going to melt, took it off, washed my hair and voila i was orange!

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to dye my hair dark auburn. I never had any issues, but now that I've got a good amount of gray, I have it professionally done, with highlights. The older I get, the less brave I get.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I had to laugh reading this thread because a friend of mine, years ago, decided to dye her hair black and it came out green!
Now I am going to be laughing all night!

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I dyed my hair plum with permanent dye while at a friend's house many years ago. When I came home, mom said, "change it!" so I went to the beauty supply, picked up some stuff. When I got home I bleached it, dyed it light brown and bleached it again. It turned out bright neon orange and about the consistancy of wheat straw. I told mom that if I did any more to it, it would fall out. She had to suffer with being seen in public with my bright orange mop for several months. I thought it was pretty neat. After that, I went for teal and magenta.

Now, I keep my hair completely natural. Almost no product in it ever, No coloring, no blow-drying, no perm. I only wash it 2-3 times per week. It is sooo healthy. When I get sick of it, I chop it off and donate it to Locks of Love.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Go to your nearest hairdresser. Don't be using anything else on your hair - it will really damage it. Tell the hairdresser exactly what you used and did so she/he can correct it.

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Don't TOUCH it! Go directly to a professional who specializes in color. It's the only way.

Trust me -- I once spent several months as a two-tone brown-over-black...

I have my hair done professionally because I don't want to deal with the store bought dyes that can become a disaster.

I had a disaster with a professional hair stylist the first time I had my hair done. I had a 2 tone stripe that was lighter at my roots. It was awful!!! It wound up costing me more money at a different hair stylist to get it fixed. Now I use the same salon everytime I get my hair done. I am a novice when it comes to doing my own hair so I don't attempt it.

My hair used to be naturally auburn red, as I got older it lost it's color and turned mousy grey yuk...... I have it dyed pretty much the same color as it was in my youth!

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was 17 My friend had a bright idea, we should have the same hair colour. I thought cool why not. We both bought the same dye, A blond colour, her dark blonde hair lightened beautifully. My reddish light brown hair, turned carrot orange,
I thought my mother was going to kill me. I have never dyed my hair since.