Hair-Filled Poop Half Stuck

MeemiesMom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My 2 year old cat looks to have a mass of hair stuck halfway out his rectum, about the width of a small human pinkie finger. When I try to examine it, he is (understandably) very shy. He doesn’t seem to be in any pain and is still eating as normal. I think this happened in the past couple of hours or so.

Does anyone have experience with this? Should I wait it out a bit to see if he’s able to use the litter box successfully tomorrow (to avoid a traumatic vet trip in very humid weather!) or call the vet first thing in the morning? He grooms quite a bit, so I wonder if he is over grooming and that’s caused this. Appreciate anyone’s thoughts or experiences!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Hi, what happened? Was he hopefully able to expel the rest of it?
Can you try grooming him more, maybe to help him with not ingesting quite so much hair? I'm having to do that with my boy.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MeemiesMom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I ended up going to the vet this morning (better safe than sorry!), and cat is well now! It was stuck waste with hair in it but easily removed by the vet, and the vet gave me some Laxatone to help avoid this issue in the future. Thanks so much to everyone who weighed in!