Hair dyes

abigail

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Latitude: 45° 31' North Longitude: 122° 39' We
I am a real blonde but got platinum highlights for years at an aveda salon. Now i have moved and all our money goes to the house so I have colored my hair myself three times.
1.Once to highlight roots. was great. l'oreal
2. temporary reddish blonde Garnier. loved it!!
3. permanent red but its very gothic and i need to tone it down. Garnier 66

will I continue to do it? you bet. It's only hair not a liver or a kidney LOL

Tip: don't wear clothing. lock the cat away. open a window. breathe deeply and smile

chrissyr

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have natural brown hair with all the red, gold and blonde highlights. I've gone black, blue black, and every shade from light brown to blood red. I don't color my hair anymore now that I'm going gray. My hair is now coming in black (just my luck) and gray with red highlights all by itself. Looks kinds pretty, too. I've used L'Oreal, Natural Instincts and Nice and Easy. Love the Natural Instincts non-permanant colors. (Also, I have long hair. Down to my tush. I've only ever used 2 boxes when I colored.)

hell603

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been grey since my mid 20's and have tried every color on the market - but I love love Garnier Nutrisse - It's just soo soft after I dye it!

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do my own - usually every other week. I use Clairol from the beauty supply outlet. I forget exactly which "series" but it is called SunSparked brown. It gives me a nice auburn color. I usually just do my roots and then mix the remainder of the color with shampoo and shampoo it into my hair - my hairdresser told me how to do it years ago and it sure has saved me alot of $$$ and an easy way to cover my gray!

okeefecl

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I get my hair colored by my hairdresser. I'm naturally dark brown, and we're coloring it a dark, vibrant auburn. I used to do it by myself, but I now prefer getting it done at the salon. My hairdresser and I are constantly tweaking the color, trying to find the perfect shade.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, my pnal was to see what I could do now for my wedding so if it goes wrong I can get it fixed but I think I've decided to just have it done at the salon before the wedding. Lots of thanks to swamp witch! I'll meet with several stylists for consultations in the next few months and hopefully I'll find someone I like that I can go to shortly before the wedding to have it done.